Thursday, August 25, 2016

My Cottage Kitchen, Ready for Listing....

Welcome back, I am sitting here typing and waiting for the phone to ring.
My hubby is expecting to hear his start date later today.
I am excited and anxious and a thousand different emotions....
So I will share more pics of the house with you....
 These will the some of the photos I will use for the listing.
I have to get them down to about 20-30 for the sites.
That is hard for me!



 Of course I want to just say.... go to CreativeCountryMom.com to see a thousand more...
but I don't think everyone would think that was a good thing.
I wonder what people think buying a blogger's home?
I would be thrilled.
I took a bunch away from my decor, but I actually really like it this way.
I could remove more, but for now... it still looks like we live here.
It looks odd to me not to see things on this far wall.
 I have taken so much down off the walls and put everything in the basement.
 So for the next week or so I will be trying to donate, pitch and sort my piles down there.
Today I will try to clean the carpet on the stairs and contact a few leads on showings.
It is all happening so fast.... I will keep you posted of any updates.
Does this look like a kitchen you would want to see?
I hope so, I will miss it!
xxx....Brooke

Edited.... a few more pictures... I found this fun barn print at Goodwill yesterday!





Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

3 comments :

  1. Brooke,
    Congratulations!
    I know the process has been a l o n g one, dear friend!
    I love the streamlined look of your Cottage Kitchen!
    My former employer worked with a Realtor and did the staging for showings.
    Her advice was de~personalize and remove clutter.
    The idea is not to overwhelm prospective buyers with your personal decor!
    I think you've done an amazing job in the Kitchen!
    Sending wishes for a quick $ale!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a lot of putting away your treasures. I would encourage you to do more! I have staged a few homes and LESS is best. I would recommend taking down the large basket that is on top of the refrigerator and all the treasures on top of your cabinets. Having the house look like a model home is a plus. Sometimes the buyers are looking at your decorating instead of the house. Counter tops cleared off too! It may sound like A LOT, Less is Best. I hope this helps.
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a challenge to strip down to the bare essentials. I know that prospective buyers are supposed to be able to imagine their own things in the house they are viewing. I was imaging that I was stripping my own down for showing and I began to get quite overwhelmed!

    Brooke, moving is such an upheaval of your life. I sympathize with you for having to go though it, but just think how fun it will be to decorate your new place. I often fantasize about having a different house to put together. Hang in there and before you know it--Voila! You've sold and moved!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!