Thursday, July 28, 2016

Vintage Rose Plates Statement Wall ~ Cottage Decorating

Okay, I am back at it again.
I read your notes, and did agree....
Something was off in this before photo.
It needed grounded....
 So here is my new look... I gathered my cottage rose plates into one area.

 I loved how the shelf looked now... so simple and charming.
 So I kept going with the other wall....
 It looks so cute from the other side of the kitchen.
Much brighter and more my style now.
I have much more room for people to walk here
since I moved the furniture off this wall.

Do I worry about them falling off?
Maybe, I have them secured pretty good.
No family heirlooms here, just thrift store finds.
If it gets to be too much, I will do something else.
Yes, the table is a little off from my cottage look, 
but it is what I have for now.
I am giving it back to mom if we move.
And yes, Dessa helped me today.
She is such a good little pup.

Thanks so much for your comments on yesterdays post.
They meant the world to me.
No, I don't always get it right.
But I have fun trying.

xxx....Brooke

Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

9 comments :

  1. Oooh, I really like the change. Lighter and brighter! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the plates on the wall. I have some on one wall in my dining room now. There won't be a solid wall in our new dining room so I'll have to do something different but I love them now! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your style of decorating. It is closer to the way I decorate than any of the other blogs I see. I love to decorate with dishes. Plates, tea pots, tea cups and saucers.
    Your home says: "Come in, have a seat, let's visit awhile." It makes others feel like friends or family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is so pretty, Brooke! Love how you used the plates :)

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, of course I'm coveting the artwork you put away...lol. The plates are lovely and do add an airy feel to the room and reflect the light from the windows...so that's a plus. But, of course I miss your art. Hope all goes well soon, so you can make some permanent decisions. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look! My wedding china is Old Country Roses! And I have a plate wall on my to do list. Love it! xoKathleen Charm Bracelet Diva {at Home}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brooke,
    Gorgeous Cottage Rose plates on your wall keep your kitchen light and bright, dear friend!
    Love your little helper, too!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I collect pink and white plates and platters. Right now they are displayed in an old album stand but they are destined to be hung on the wall. I was an early adopter of plate walls since the 90's when I hung pink and white platters that belonged to my Grandmother in my family room. Thank you for sharing your beautiful cottage pink and white plate wall at Vintage Charm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love all the dining area décor and how you match pieces
    I m looking for something to place in the largest wall in my living room. I have an old antique deer head that was given to me and have nothing on the sides. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!