Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Simplify~~~ A Little Less Might Be More...

Welcome back to Creative Country Mom's!
No, we do not have any big news to share.
But yes, I am still hoping we will be moving to Huntsville, AL.
So what am I doing.... I am simplifying my decor.
Yesterday was kind of a hard day for me.
I packed up four totes of vintage goodies, lace, trinkets and whatnots.
I am not selling them, or donating them.
I am just decluttering.

Let me just say, I am not a minimalist!
I tell friends to display what you love...
Have it where you can enjoy it!

But there is a fine line between...
"This lady likes to decorate..."
and
"This lady may be nuts!"
So I am putting things away...
But not everything.

 I moved my pie safe from the kitchen to my office.
 I wanted to keep the vintage prints on display.
 So I did a simple little vignette with my vintage light.
It looks really pretty in the evenings.
I scaled down the top of my sideboard too.
Here you can see how it was before....
And now... a much cleaner look.

I will show you the kitchen soon...
It looks so different without the safe.

But more open and easy to walk around the table now.
I actually like the safe in this spot.
If we do stay, it will stay here and I will add something else to the kitchen again.

Sorry for the quick pics.... no set up this time.
I will be sharing more soon with better clarity.

Hope to find out something soon.
As soon as I do... I will let you know~~ Brooke
Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

4 comments :

  1. My decorating style is very similar to yours. My daughter is a minimalist, she says, because she had to grow up in my house. Lol. So I recently tried decluttering my house, but some of the barer walls made me feel sad when I passed by them. They looked naked and ashamed (well, maybe that's taking it a bit too far!). Anyway, I'm adding things back in. This is what makes me happy and the hubby doesn't complain, so my daughter will just have to feel claustrophobic in my home when she visits. (Sorry, dear.) To each their own. Right? Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Joanie's comments, however I came from generations of collectors. I loved my great-grandmother's home in Denmark, where every wall was covered in photos, artwork, prints, and shelves full of family possessions. Floor space there was an issue as the house was hundreds of years old. But couches substituted for dining room chairs and the dining table was two elaborate sitting room tables with a wooden top added. We formally dined at every meal, linens, silver, crystal...and then it was all dismantled.

    What I'm driving at---is we shouldn't have SO MUCH that we reach the point of inflexibility to enhance the quality of our lives.
    We are in the middle of the remodel (kitchen ceiling is going up as I type) and I know I will have to curb the collections when the new cabinetry goes in. I vow to enhance our lives, not inhibit the quality of our living spaces.

    I love your home---and you will certainly find a balance, if you have to sell. Better to do the packing carefully and with decision then a quick hurry-if the time comes. Grins, love the pie safe there, too. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the before and after picture. I could really have wall to wall to STUFF if my husband would let me! LOL! But then I went in someone's home recently that in all honesty, you could barely walk through the room with bumping into something and...I actually had a hard time defining what room I might be in. I love looking at how others make it all come together and it actually look good. Love your style. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke,
    Oh, my, dear friend. . .I love the pie safe in that location!
    It complements your vintage prints beautifully!
    The side board looks "perfect" for Summer!
    Looking forward to your news, whatever may become to be!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!