Friday, July 15, 2016

Getting You Caught Up & Some Pretty Home Decor! ~~~


Welcome Back To Creative Country Mom's!
We are still playing the waiting game on the possible transfer.
If we do not hear anything today, it will be a week or more.
My hubbys factory shuts down a week every July and it is next week.
We were told it usually takes four weeks to hear anything.
We are two weeks in now....
So lets have some fun looking around the house today.....
There pics were from earlier this Spring and I did not share them yet.
If we do end up moving I will do a whole house post before I take everything down.
(OMG... what a thought right?)


If we do move there is a few things I will sell.
But not the things I have on the main level.
Extra bedroom stuff and things in the basement.
Possibly our living room couch....
I hate to get rid of something and then want it for the new house later.
I know I want one level, lots of windows... light and bright.
Hopefully a white kitchen.... and wood floors.
 I want a casual style home, but it has to have a few walls for my antiques.
 I know it will be a big change from all the room I have in this house.
 I am very spoiled.... but we are looking at new construction.
 Huntsville Alabama is a beautiful area.
We loved it during our visit.
We are looking in both Alabama and Tennessee.
The weather is so much better in the winters.
And the mountains.... I am in love with the area.
 But this could just as easily not come to be....
Something could stop the process...
So I am okay with either way.
 But I have to tell you.... I have went thru every corner of this big house!
Getting rid of ten years of junk.
Donating, selling... and countless trash bags.
So even if we stay.... you would not believe how much more space I have in the closets!
I highly recommend it to anyone... just don't wait ten years like I did!
As soon as we know anything I will tell ya....
xxx....Brooke

Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

8 comments :

  1. Brooke,
    I enjoyed my "Spring" Tour of your lovely home, dear friend!
    The wall with the wreath, coat rack and oval picture is my absolute favorite!
    I understand, totally, what you mean about unloading the closets!
    Each year before our Annual Garage $ale, I do the same!
    One word about your furniture. . .
    None of the living room furniture "fit" when we moved to this side of the Prairie!
    That was one of my biggest frustrations!
    Unless you know the room size. . .my advice is to $ell as much "living" furniture with your home.
    This is our 14 + year here!
    I am finally at peace with our home after donating the "last" of the pieces of furniture that didn't fit!
    Our son told me, "Mom, it's as if your house can finally breathe." It's true!
    I'll be sending positive thoughts your way as you await word of a possible transfer!
    In the meanwhile, keep the photos coming!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing all of your beautiful decor with us at Vintage Charm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds exciting Brooke. May it be a great move for you. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you hear soon on whether you move or not. Waiting is hard!
    And moving harder still...if you we were to move it would be 34+ years of stuff from living in one place!
    All the best.
    Nancy
    wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I would be a wreck. I have no patience for waiting! Thanks so much for sharing your charming decor with us at the DI & DI Link Party. I hope you had as much fun as we enjoyed having you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your home, and the sweet and pretty touches you add everywhere. We are thinking of moving, too - but, I just can't imagine sorting thru everything. So much work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I commend you on going through your house and "cleaning out" I sooo need to do that! You have a beautiful home. Found you at DI & DI :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. its all SO beautiful! I'm working on the 'getting rid' of process myself. It is hard! Do you know if you'd be moving far?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!