Monday, July 25, 2016

Cleaner, Brighter Cottage Kitchen Redo


 Welcome back to Creative Country Mom's!
No news yet... but still thinking we will be relocating to Alabama.
So here is a kitchen update since I moved the pie safe and side table out.
 I removed everything from the area above the window and the back of the cabinets.

 I have only the white dishes on display now.
 It looks lighter and brighter.
 I took the lace off the table and added a burlap runner.
 It took me a few days to get use to it.
But I actually like the cleaner look.
This area is nice and open to get to the screen porch now.
 And my little cottage shelf and bench are cute this way.
 I know I can remove more... but we have not heard yet of anything.
 So this is a good start.
 I will miss my big cottage kitchen.
 But I am excited for a new start.
The big table is going back to my mom's if we move.
I will want something lighter and brighter in the new home.

If you want to look back on the kitchen before... click here.

I have been happy with the changes I've made so far.
I have gotten rid of a ton of stuff.
Plus, if we do stay it is a new look for the house.
I have so many ideas on how to do new spaces.
If we do stay here, I will just do some of it in this house.

Thanks for all your comments and well wishes.
Keep your fingers crossed it all works out.
xxx....Brooke

Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

7 comments :

  1. Brooke,
    I l o v e the brighter, cleaner look of your Kitchen, dear friend!
    I can clearly see, now, where you furniture pieces were placed before!
    Moving them into the other area of your home truly lighted the space!
    Love, love, love the white above the cabinets!
    While the burlap runner looks good on your table, the lace would also, complement the curtains!
    Keeping good thoughts coming your way and praying the answer is one both you and your husband are wanting!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job. Less really is more. I am not moving but I need to thin out so I can enjoy my 'favorites' more. Hopefully you will receive an answer soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cleaner look, but my eye says those floating pictures need a simple anchor below them. How about the potted plant and stool at the end of your counter. Color family would work below you piesafe..empty spot? I can see where you are going though, getting ready for possible sale. Good luck, hope it works out, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! I liked it before, but if there's a chance you're putting your home on the market, leaner, less personal is better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Brooke!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitchen look great with the white dishes displayed. If you do get transferred at least you have a head start on organizing and cleaning. Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the cleaner look too. The little bench is styled so cute and I love your soup tureens! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!