Thursday, June 9, 2016

June Is For Brides and Vintage Bridal Gowns!!

Welcome back to Creative Country Mom's.
 I always thing of wedding in June.
So I thought it might be fun to to a post about my sweet dress.
No, this is not my wedding dress... 
but a Jessica McClintock I found a couple of years ago.
But I love it.... and have so much fun displaying it.

 I also collect vintage bridal photos.... I love weddings.
 It is definitely my statement piece.
 And of course... I added some extra lace and bling...
 And touches of pink....
 This little sled is a cottage favorite... with lace of course.
 It is in pristine condition, the packing was still in the sleeves and it had never been unbuttoned.
I found it at our St. Vincent DePaul store for $10... yes, I love those days!
If you were a June bride... Happy Anniversary....
I missed it by 8 days!
Thanks for stopping by.....Brooke

Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

6 comments :

  1. I love the idea of decorating with bridal gowns! I have no need to purchase anymore - I have 3 in my closet! Mine, my mother's and my late sister-in-laws. I had the bright idea of a bridal gown fashion show for our church's mother/daughter tea one year. I thought if I could find 9 more, we would have 12 and that would be a nice show. Well, I ended up with about 50, ranging from a orange tinged satin from around 1900, to a flapper style 1920, to suits from war time weddings (one of these was gorgeous and the hit of the show), 70's gowns like mine, God Awful ones from the 80's that looked like cupcakes and even a few flower girls. It was one of the most favorite tea parties we ever hosted. My main problems were keeping the gowns straight since they arrived right up to runway time and finding models. I had gathered all my teen aged 4-H members but some of the gowns were so tiny I had to recruit 10 year olds from the audience! You have inspired me to create a wedding gown post for today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a gorgeous gown and charming vignette! Thank you for so faithfully joining us at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. You are a treasured blogging friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love wedding dresses guess because I never had a formal wedding dress or wedding
    I recently was invited to a Mother Day out program and the guest speaker had collected vintage wedding dresses for over 20 years and she brought several on mannequins and told stories behind the dresses, brides had given them to her etc

    Your dress is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very romantic! That was a great find in the gown. The vignette you set up is beautiful. I was an Autumn bride but never had a real wedding gown, though we were united in church. Still, it worked out well, we've been blessed with almost 48 years and counting! Have a beautiful weekend, Brooke!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous! And your vignette really sets it off. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! xoKathleen Charm Bracelet Diva {At Home}

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a fantastic vintage bridal gown Brooke! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!