Monday, June 13, 2016

Early Summer Front Gardens


 Welcome back to Creative Country Mom's.
Today we will be enjoying the front gardens of my Indiana farmhouse.
We have been enjoying the lake and finally swimming!
Makes for lovely days to tinker in the garden then relax in the water when it gets too hot.
And yes, its getting hot here!

 But the garden does not seem to mind.
 My garden is a bit of a wild mess.
 And I love it that way.  I have weeds.... and invasive ground covers.
But you know what?  They are pretty.  And I do not have to spread mulch.
 My garden is bursting at the seams.
 And I love it that way.
 I am still not sure I like the new color on the door... but it is fun and bright.
It's just paint I say....
 This area will be full of color in a few days when the daylilies open.
 Until then it is a lovely green....
 With a few rose blooms and perennials.
The evening sun is so pretty. 
Makes the garden feel magical. 
 Soon my phlox will bloom and the scent is devine.
 Pink Annabelle hydrangeas are so lovely.
 And the clematises are huge this year.
My oakleafs are a little spotty..... but still beautiful.
 So stunning in the mixed borders.
Hope you are enjoying these summer days.
Thanks so much for stopping by.....Brooke

Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

5 comments :

  1. Good morning Brooke, your garden look so nice full olready my is the same we been have a lot of reaining days in Miami my now has a lot of flower your home it nice cuzy
    nice country side home I love your from porch
    Have Blessing summer day
    Isora

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best parts of blogging are the garden shares from all over the country/world. We get to see each others' habitats so to speak. Love the casual beauty of your garden. Can hear the wind gently whispering through your grasses. Thanks so much for pictures of your world...we are still behind here in Chicagoland, but finally catching up. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely garden. Lots of beautiful colors. The rocking chairs on the veranda look so welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your gardens are loaded with blooms already! I have lost most of my lilies this year from voles and I'm sad about it. I see your pink and white ones are blooming nicely! Love the pink annabelle's and the clematis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden is lovely -- vibrant and lush with so much variety in texture and colors! Thank you for sharing.
    I have family in Indiana. It has it's own special calming beauty for me, especially in the winter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!