Sunday, May 22, 2016

Anniversary Cruise in our own Backyard


Welcome back my dear readers to Creative Country Mom's.
Today is a good day, it is our 17th Wedding Anniversary.
We celebrated a bit yesterday, and I will share that in another post.
But today was spent here at the lake... on the water.
And yes, I want you to come along!
We are very fortunate to live on a private 60 acre lake.

The lake is divided into two areas, ours is the more private with only two homes.
 90% of it is natural woods on the edges, so thick you cannot walk thru.
 We see lots of wildlife here on the water.  Nesting geese, ducks. beavers and deer.... and huge turtles,
 We hear owls and even bobcats on rare occasions.
 But mostly just enjoy it for fishing and swimming.... and boat rides.
 Seventeen years ago I gave my hubby a boat for our wedding day.... and we never dreamed we would live on a lake today.
 We fished often when we dated, and like everything when you have kids... it takes planning.  You think when you live on a lake you would do it every week... but there is too much to do here!  
But it is wonderful to go out in the early morning and see the sun come over the trees.  This time of year there is lots of wild roses and honeysuckle blooming near the banks.
 I often show you the backyard and water in my posts....
 But now you can see what it looks like from the other side.
 The weather is improving here and it is near 80 today.
 I would guess in just a few weeks we will be swimming here....
 That is my favorite... especially since we put in a sand beach last summer.
So it has been a wonderful day for our anniversary.
My parents will be coming over for supper and we are just taking it easy.

Seventeen years sure does fly by... This one is a keeper... 
xxx....Brooke

Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

6 comments :

  1. Happy Anniversary Brooke! Thank you for taking me along on your cruise. Living on the water is so much fun, glad you had such a beautiful day!
    Julie @ Love My Simple Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary, Brooke! It was a beautiful day for your cruise around the lake. Your pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Love your home and your lake! YES...I feel like I've been on a cruise. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! How wonderful to have the boat and be able to get out on the water! Is it a pontoon? My SIL had one and I LOVED, loved going out on it. They lived on a river.We would take wine, cheese and crackers and just sail around for an hour or more. What a slice of heaven you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Brooke~!! Your home & surroundings inside and outside are wonderfully peaceful and I am in awe! Enjoying your blog, especially your Victorian style.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!