Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Welcome Me To The Coffee Club....

Welcome Me To The Coffee Club....
I have to tell you... I am in a sharing mood. I am well... a bit wound up I guess.
(It might be the caffeine)
 After 43 years this winter I started drinking coffee. 
Yes, I have joined adult society at last. 
I am a grown up now. 
I tell you... it took me a very long time to come around.

 My best friend has been trying for years to get me to like coffee. Every winter she would make me up a cup in her fancy maker, doctor it up just the way she likes it. Hand it to me and I would take a tiny sip and hand it right back to her.

 I liked the way it smelled, but no go for me. Too bitter.... too strong....
Before the holidays I got on a big sugarfree hot chocolate fix... 
and loved the warmth and creamy cups. 
I am still a huge chocolate person, I have to have it in some form in my life. 
But it was kind of expensive... and well... 
The darn kids kept getting into my stash!
 So as we were driving home from Florida, 
the girls had me get a cappuccino somewhere. 
I was sold, it actually was good. 
We came home and bought loads of cappuccino mix...
CAFFINE is a good thing.  And I am hooked... every morning... first thing.
And of course I like mine on the sweet side... and I know real coffee drinkers will cringe. 
 But yes, after 43 years... I am all grown up... and like coffee...
and the doughnuts are a nice touch right?
Not everyday... lol.. I wish!
 But remember who I am.... I have to make it pretty!
 So it was the perfect excuse to bring out my cut crystal pieces.
 And some vintage measuring spoons....
 And a sweet tin to hide my little flavor cups...
Its all good....when its antique right?
Okay, I have shared enough for one day....
I know it has been hit and miss with the site lately.
Know that all is well and lots of gardening and family time during tennis season.
xxx...Brooke

Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

5 comments :

  1. Hi Brooke! I started drinking coffee about a year ago - now I drink it all day! I opt for flavored coffees without any calories and I sweeten it up with Stevia. My fave coffee of the moment is Caramel Drizzle - yum. I heard drinking coffee was good for weight loss and that is why I started, lol. Have a lovely caffeinated day! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply can't start my day without my cup of coffee. Love your kitchen display area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke, you are so funny. I wish you lived next door. I bet we could have some riotous times together. I've never been a coffee drinker, either, because I can't do the caffeine. It seems to have six times the effect on me as on most people--I just get over-stimulated and sometimes even shaky. But I do love the smell and like you the flavor if it's doctored up with the right amount of cream/milk and sugar. Most days, unless it's a special occasion with the right dessert, I leave it alone.

    You do set a nice counter-top, though. Pretty glassware. Thanks for inviting me over. I'll have some tea, if you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my heart is doing the happy dance right now! Love how you have displayed your new quest in life of coffee drinking! WELCOME my friend. Everything is so pretty on your counter and I have several of the pieces of dishes that you have too! It's all so pretty! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke,
    Oh, dear friend, I do love a French Vanilla or a Hazelnut Creme Cappuccino!
    BEWARE! They are filled to the brim with flavor and CALORIES!
    I adore the cut crystal containers and the vintage measuring spoons!
    Lovely, indeed!
    Welcome to the Adult World of Caffeine & Doughnuts!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!