Friday, April 29, 2016

Room With A View {Our Lakeside Outdoor Screen Room}

Welcome back to Creative Country Mom's!
Today I am sharing our favorite room during the warmer months...
Our Screen Room~~~  this is the peek you get of it in my kitchen posts.
Do you want to see more?  Come on outside!
My sweet hubby built this room for us last summer.  
One of his must haves is old fashioned screen doors.
 If you remember this room from last summer, quite a bit has changed.
 We added the tv, two rockers and took out the table and chairs.

This really opened up the space and now everyone is comfortable. 
We have a satellite receiver out here so we have all the channels and my DVR, gotta love that.  
It is wonderful to watch tv of an evening and hear the bugs and birds on the lake.
Which is better the shows or the view? 
The red set was my set from last year that I still love.
The red and white are the two rockers we added last weekend.
We love rocking chairs in this house! 
 They match perfectly and all are from Big Lots.
They are the plastic rattan and very comfy.
My drop cloth curtains have shown a little wear but they still look great and work perfectly.
I can close them to cut back the evening sun and add some privacy from the road. 
The antique attic fan is my husbands, and yes it really moves the air in the hot days of summer! 
But most days my ceiling fan does a great job.
Of an evening I use my little "gypsy" (cafe) lights.
I love the soft glow... just perfect. 
 All the plants out here are sedums and come back every year.
I did add some annual seed to the larger ones this year.
 I was not thinking of using red out here, but we found this set at a great price.
 But actually, I really like it.
Most of the house is soft pastels and neutrals, so this is a fun pop of color.
 And of course it looks good with Dessa's black and white!
 I wish you could see it in person to see the views of the garden and lakes.
 But mostly to enjoy this wonderful weather, perfect for sitting out here.
We never used out open deck, but now it is our favorite place to be.
Here is the outside view you see in my garden pics...
Now you know what is in there!

Thanks so much for stopping by.....Brooke


Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

4 comments :

  1. Oh Brooke, I would LIVE out here! I have always wanted a screened in porch but know now I will never have one:( Yours is wonderful. I love the views you have too. Thanks for sharing it! Your hubby did a fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your screened porch! If I had one I would be out there all summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful "getaway" in your backyard!!! Sometimes I wish we had something like this. After a certain time of night we can't sit on our deck anymore due to the mosquitoes. Love your rockers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice screened in porch...I would live out there during the summer, especially with that big fan going!
    Seeing you Dessa makes me wish our little Dude was still with us...they could have been twins. I wanted to get another BT, but my husband said it is too hard when it is time for them to go to doggie heaven.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!