Wednesday, April 27, 2016

My Creative Corner - A Vintage Style Desk and Work Space


 Welcome back to Creative Country Mom's!
I know the posts have been a bit longer between this Spring.
I miss talking with you all, but things are good here.
Lots of kid stuff, homeschool, traveling and gardening.
 It has been a bit since I focused on my library table turned desk.

I have made a few changes in this corner.... so today we will take a closer look. 

First off I hung most of my vintage bridal photos on my antique trellises.  I just used the tiny clothes pins and twine.  They wont be damaged this way and it make they eye level and easy to enjoy.
I switched out my bench for this linen covered chair.
We have been working longer at the desk with home school and it is very comfortable.
You need that after a long test or two! 
 I am glad my desk is super deep, so I can have my displays and still have room to work.
 Lots of neutrals with touches of pinks...
 And a few crystals of course....
 It is hard to get a good picture... lots to see!
 Sweet birdhouses and touches of burlap too....
 And old books and birds....
 I love my layers!
 A sweet little votive....and more little pretties.
And a houseplant of course....
Yes, every day we use this area... it is a working desk... but that does not mean it can't be pretty too!
Thanks so much for stopping by....Brooke

Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

13 comments :

  1. I'm always in awe when I come and visit you, dearest Brooke, I'm so grateful to you for this !

    Sending blessings on the remainder of your weekend ahead, may it be filled with love and wonder,
    with my dearest love and sincere esteem

    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Love your space and how it's decorated. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's a space you can feel creative and inspired in. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautifully crafty corner! You've got lots of fun storage solutions too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love all things vintage! ;) So many treasures to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Brooke what a lovely workspace. I know that is your favorite room(mine too) and so love the trellis'. I'm percolating on an idea for the bedroom, and that may be the answer. Great post, thanks so much for sharing! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brooke, it is a beautiful corner in the room. I love it when something is both functional and lovely at the same time! Thanks for sharing it with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic work space! I am a bit late to the party due to my college semester finals but I am so glad I am here now. Thank you for joining TOHOT. Fantastic post, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty, Brooke! That table makes one fabulous desk! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm:) xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful corner for creativity.

    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brooke, I love your creative corner! Congrats! I'll be featuring you this week at Simple & Sweet Fridays! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs, Jody ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brooke your desk area is wonderful! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!