Thursday, April 28, 2016

Early Spring Front Gardens {Featuring Snowball Bush Blooms}

Welcome to my Indiana country garden and my first garden post of 2016! 
 Yes, we have missed a few blooms... but we have had a wet, messy Spring.
And yes, it has taken me much longer to get in cleanup time this year!
 But the garden does not wait... and the blooms are coming!
 This antique shrub is delightful in a country garden... it is commonly called a Snowball Bush... or Southern Viburnum.

 It looks much like a hydrangea in bloom, it only blooms in the Spring and is not as fragrant as other Viburnums, but the lovely white/cream blooms and hearty heat tolerance more than make up for it.  Mine is just four years old, and will fill out this space nicely.


The bulbs are mostly done and the perennials are just starting to open in the the front beds. 
 Everything looks full and lush and GREEN!
 After a long five months of winter this is a beautiful sight.
I have been clipping and weeding in whatever time I can find between rain and sports.
 But I only have a small area to really work on and some painting to do.
 We have been hammered with storms this spring.  We had the insurance agent out and our entire roof will have to be replaced and all of my back siding.  I am anxious to get all the work done and the house back to normal. 
I believe we will be doing a metal roof in a few weeks.  We are way up on a hill with no wind breaks, so a metal roof will be wonderful.  We will choose a grey much like the color it is now.

I will take more photos to share soon... 
Thanks for visiting....Brooke

Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

4 comments :

  1. Our Vibrunum has barely any leaves yet, but oh, how i wait for it to bloom. Thanks for the lovely tour of your garden area.Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! Wish we had as much foliage and flowers in the midwest right now. But all in good time! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xoKathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home is beautiful, Brooke, and so is your yard. I adore your front porch and all of your lovely plants and trees. I'm just a wee bit jealous of anyone who can grow hydrangeas and/or viburnum....I just love how pretty they are.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love those snowball bushes! Yours is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!