Wednesday, April 20, 2016

A Cottage-Style Vintage, Repurposed Corbel Shelf - DIY IDEAS

Welcome back to Creative Country Mom's!
Today I am sharing one of my favorite DIY ideas...
A shelf made with distressed carved wooden corbels~
Fun huh?
I made this shelf a couple years ago after finding the two old blue brackets or corbels at a thrift shop.
 I simply could not wait to use them!  I loved the color and the chippy patina.
 I had the old plank from a stask of old shelving in the basement.
 I simply screwed them together from the top of my board down....
 Then used the pre-drilled holes to hang it to the wall with secured screws.
 I love anything carved and Victorian looking.....
 It is the perfect place to hang some laces and a few little keys for fun~
When we moved in to this house ten years ago I had such huge walls....
So a shelf with a print beneath it is a fun way to display many things at once.
I love that mine are antique, but your does not have to be.
There are many corbels in your local home improvement stores.
I just recent purchased a pair for $15... they are slightly smaller,
but similar.... I will be painting them white and distressing them for my kitchen island.
Just an idea for you today.... have fun~!
xxx....Brooke


Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

10 comments :

  1. Absolutely stunning! LOVE! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely shelf, it looks so quaint and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The birds, the hydrangeas, the lace...I love it all. Your cottage is filled with beauty, Brooke.

    Thank you for sharing at Thoughts of Home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke- you have created a beautiful haven.
    I love seeing the changes you make in your home.

    Thank you for joining us TOHOT!

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke you always have the cutest vignettes. Thank you for sharing them on SYC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love vintage corbels and just brought 3 home from the Carolinas. 4 or 5 years ago we added bead board to our living room and we added a shelf by cutting an old door in half and placing to vintage corbels under it for a shelf as well. I still love it! Yours is beautiful. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always loved that idea of adding corbels to kitchen islands. Ours isn't the right type for it or I would have done it too! Love the shelf. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's such a thrill when you come upon a great find! Love how you incorporated them into something new. Thanks for sharing at Dishing It & Digging It!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it all - simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!