Wednesday, April 6, 2016

A Bright Spring Cottage Style Entry and Stairway

 Welcome back to my vintage home!
I know, it has been too long again.
Spring is a busy time for me with two teens in tennis.
And a big garden to tend to... but this week it is way too cold and windy for that!
Let's take a little closer look at my entry today....
 I love a cottage look and that is evident as soon as you walk in my home.
 I chose to remake the entry in this soft aqua blue color last year and I still love it.
 I love how the wallpaper matches my antique lamp and adds so much character to this space.
 I added some little stems of dogwood blooms and some little white birds...
 Just some goodies from the craft closet.
But it feels fresh and bright, and a little whimsy.
 I added some lavender blooms to the sweet angels arms.
 The yellow bird cage is still a favorite.  You cannot go wrong with yellow, white and blues.
 I love my vintage dresser, it is perfect for this space with the chippy vintage mirror.
The antique column I painted a few years ago, it weighs a ton, but I love the look of it.
 I bought this garden angel and stand for the rose garden, then decided it was too nice to be outside and be broken.  I love the sweet bird too.
 A close up of my Grandma Gerties lamp.  My favorite thing in the house.
 It stands almost four foot tall and is very heavy.
 
 
More vintage goodies go up the stairway walls.
 Antique photos are a favorite of mine.... they are all over the house.
 I have a growing collection of baby clothes and shoes.
 Bits of laces, burlap, twine.... clothes pins and old photos.... and even a button or two.
 And birds... nests and eggs.... of my....
Spring is probably my favorite time of the year.
 
I love the brighter colors and the warmer days ahead.... I hope!
It has been freeze warnings for us this week.
 
xxx.....Brooke


Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

7 comments :

  1. A lovely entry. That lamp is so unusual! Love it! I would love to be able to see the paintings as was curious what was behind that decor. Love the dresser (?) in the entry,

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Brooke. It's like a wonderful step back in time to a more elegant age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - I love, love, love that lamp! And how special that it belonged to an ancestor. The bird cage is also my favorite. Very pretty area, Brooke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good grief...now I am drooling Brooke! Love everything! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my goodness! Gertie's lamp is phenomenal! Was it always that color or did you paint it? It would be a really hard job to paint now that I think about it. Anyway, it is certainly unique and perfect to be displayed in your entry. There are so many lovely things to look at in your entryway, I would probably never get into the rest of your house! It does one good to put some Spring in the house even if the weather is freezing and it's snowing like it was here in Michigan today. I need to get busy and so some of that. Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your elegant way of decorating Brooke! Thank you for sharing your lovely foyer!
    Julie @ Love My Simple Home

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty, pretty, Brooke. Thanks for reminding me I have some dogwood stems, somewhere, lol. will go look...after it snows again today. Crazy weather---spring is simply elusive here too. Thanks, Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!