Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Light and Bright Cottage Eat-In Kitchen

 Two post in a row...
Be proud of me!  I am on a roll!!
Today I thought you might enjoy the sun shining into the kitchen.
I know I love these sunny days!  
It is slowly warming up here in Indiana.
 One of the best things about out house is all the windows and the sunlight.
 I love to grow houseplants and have them in my decor.
I worried with the addition of the screen room we would lose the light in this area.
As you can see, it is still wonderful. 

 For Spring I am keeping it simple and bright in my kitchen.
Lots of creamware and laces.... bits of burlap.
Touches of color, but mostly soft neutrals.
I have been looking for a smaller table and have not found just the right one yet.  I will soon have the patio door open most of the time to the screen porch.  This table is a tad in the way of the traffic flow.  And the black is too dark for my decor.  I will keep it for the girls, maybe they will use it in a few years.
 Until then, I lightened it up with an antique tablecloth.
I have about 75% of the garden cleaned up.  I still have the area around my fence and arbor to do.  I have a terrible runner type grass weed in that area.  I am having to dig it out by hand and remove as much of the roots as I can.  I have a fine mess actually.  Aside from that area the garden looks nice.  I will try to share photos with you soon.

xxx....Brooke


Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

14 comments :

  1. Lovely Brooke, your kitchen makes me smile and want to sit down and have a cup of coffee. I bet when the windows are open the birds fill the room with song along with the sunshine. Happy Spring, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen looks so bright and airy for spring. Love the light over the table. Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dine-in kitchen is so sweet, Brooke! Love your white ironstone dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your kitchen! How inviting! Happy Easter. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty kitchen you have.
    Good luck with that runner grass - I have been digging dandelions all week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cheeky sweet spot! Love Love Love your punched tin cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your family is wonderful and looks like home.

    Thank you so much for sharing this with us all at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. We are so glad you are here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so much enjoyed seeing this cheery and homey corner of your home. Love your style. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kitchen is so welcoming. My only problem was in choosing which picture to include in my post for next week because I want to feature it and every picture is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Photos! Can't wait to come back again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found you at Thoughts of Home. How blessed you are to have such sun-drenched spaces. So inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your kitchen! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. How pretty and welcoming your home looks.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet country kitchen you have! My home has tons of light as well and it just makes me smile to walk into my kitchen in the mornings - it sure is the best way to wake up, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!