Thursday, March 3, 2016

Lace and Bling On My Wire Lampshade - Cottage Style Decorating

Hello and welcome back to Creative Country Mom's!
 I know it has been way too long since I have posted....
We have been busy with home school and the tennis early season for the girls.
I hope to have more time to blog soon... I have so much to talk about!
This winter I did a little re-do of my vintage lamp shade.

I had some vintage cards and more bright colors hanging on it before.
 I switched it out to all white and silver...  including some mercury glass too.
 I added bits of hanging lace like I did to my cottage wreath.
 I have been adding mercury glass all around the house.  I love the vintage look and the bits of sparkle.  This one was a Christmas ornament.
 I added some length to my glass crystals with fishing line... you can see them much better when they hang lower.
 Some of my crystals are antique and real glass... and some are plastic from the craft department... I love them all....
 I wish you could see how sparkly this is in person!
It is so pretty when I have the windows open and the lace moves.... hope it warms up soon so I can open up the house again!
 This room is light and bright and perfect for my plants.
It has been so cold and rainy here... with high winds... just yucky. 
We have been home most days.... too nasty to even get out too much.
My oldest is starting to plan for college and we will be touring a few this spring.
Where does the time go?  She is loving having her drivers license and the two girls are having a ball going around town.  I still don't let her get too far, but she is happy to not have to ride the bus anymore!

Thanks so much for stopping by....Brooke

Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

1 comment :

  1. I absolutely love what you did with the lamp. I actually did a similar thing with a chippy shabby thrift store lamp myself. I use it in my studio and love it! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! Hope to see you there again this Thursday:) xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!