Tuesday, March 8, 2016

A Vintage Style Rug For The Entry

Good Morning and Welcome Back!
I have been really off my posting schedule I know....
I am happy to share a new thrifting find today.
I found this large rug for $20 at our local Goodwill Store.
It is in perfect condition and a good quality.
I love the soft  faded colors.
I just put it down, it will flatten out in a few days....

I had an antique chair in this corner, but it was a more yellow pattern.
So I moved the little sleigh into this area for now.
I may recover the chair to match the new rug. 
I like having a chair there.
It is hard to see, but it has a touch of blue in it too.
I have been slowly moving a few perennials and bulbs from the garden area we are removing this year and turning back into mowed yard.  I have also planted seeds this week and removing many invasive weeds.  Today I will try to get the large grasses cut back and all the cuttings removed.  That will be an all day job.
Dessa wants to be outside with me, but she is not quite trustworthy to not run off yet.
It is slowly warming up to the low 60s and many of my bulbs are starting to bloom.  So I better get the clean up done so I can start taking some garden photos for you!

xxx.....Brooke


Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

7 comments :

  1. Wow, that rug is really beautifull, I like the pattern with the roses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, garden work so soon. One thing about blogging--one realizes the rest of the US is on a different clock then you. Grins...I can't wait to smell dirt, greetings from Chicagoland, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful entrance carpet, so Victorian Style, it truly adds a charming touch at yor hall ... what does Dessa think about your new purchase ?!?
    Have a wonderful remainder of your week, darling Brooke, sending much love to you
    Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh...loving that rug a lot! So pretty! The sleigh is beautifully decorated too! WOW! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rug is stunning and what a price!! Fantastic!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that rug and what a steal! You have a very charming and welcoming entryway! AND your dog is just adorable!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful home and rug you have! I co-host a blog party on Monday's called Cooking and Crafting with J & J at Julie's Lifestyle. I would love to have you come and share this with us. Thanks. Julie xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!