Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Sweet Lacey Cottage Style Wreath

Welcome back to Creative Country Mom's...
Just a quick share of a sweet wreath I made this week....

 A while back I saw a wreath made with some vintage lace and never forgot the look.
 So I hunted up some lace and cream colored flowers from my craft closet.
 And an old grapevine wreath...
 I took all the leaves off of the branches to really weave them into the grapevine.
 Then attached the leaves again...
And a bit of cream veined ivy for filler.
Then I cut my inexpensive lace into 12 inch strips...
 And tied it around the wreath every few inches...
Then I used the needlework lace to hang the wreath...
And yes... tied it to my little gate with more lace!

It is a fun, cottage look... best of all... it was things I had on hand.

Perfect for my new brighter look in this room....

Thanks so much for stopping by....Brooke



Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

10 comments :

  1. Wonderful , enchanted decor !
    Greetings,
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great looking wreath, Brooke. The way you styled it on the ironwork piece is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, love the lace, deep thick used lace is just the texture for a winter/spring wreath, enjoyed, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty wreath. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely! Especially nice because you used what you had on hand! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wreath is just gorgeous!
    I want to try making one myself, thanks for the inspiration!
    Wouldn't this be pretty for a wedding
    ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your wreath and it looks wonderful on that gate! Thanks so much for linking up at the Dishing It & Digging It Link Party. I hope it brings you some new friends and great traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty. I bits of lace give your wreath such a wonderful unique look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really pretty and romantic Brooke! Featured at Be inspired this morning. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!