Monday, February 15, 2016

How To Decorate Around A Big Screen Television


 Hello my dears.... welcome back!
Some girls get diamonds... some get chocolate... some get flowers for Valentine's Day.
I guess you could say... I got a TV!
Well... we have had it for a bit... but you could call it a Valentine's Day present from my hubby.
 Yes, it is beautiful... and super thin... like SUPER thin.
 And very, very large.  Almost as big as my fireplace mantle!

 See... only a few inches on each side!
What to do???
I cannot have it empty... as much as my hubby would love that!
 I go around the house in search of anything small...  little vintage shoes.... greenery.
 Little tags and bits of this and that...
 My idea is to soften this corner in some way... and have a something to look nice.

 

 Look at this big space behind the tv.... I filled it with baskets and a wooden drawer.
It was going to drive me crazy.  The huge gap!
 But I am better now... it is not perfect... but it looks more like the rest of the room.
I did a similar look on the opposite side with the little DVD player. 
I will probably change it a thousand times... but I am happy for now.
 Behind the TV is a sound bar and the satellite receiver. 
I strongly suggest you get a sound bar... way too much fun!
 I added a runner so I do not have to dust under all this stuff! 
Okay... the best thing is... the CRYSTAL CLEAR picture... and how good HGTV looks!
It's like I am inside FIXER UPPER with JoAnna!  Lol...
 So for Valentine's Day hubby and I snuggled in and watched some movies...
You know him in the recliner and me on the couch...
The snuggle part was me with TWO DOGS!
Lol....Brooke





Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

5 comments :

  1. My husband and I are planning to get a big flat screen, hopefully in the not too distant future. There would certainly be a problem here as to location. Our mantel is probably too high up for placement and windows cover two of the walls. We will have to figure out something when the time comes, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only way I would allow my husband to get a "big black box" as I call it was that he had to find a TV entertainment center that the TV could fit into and be surrounded by some wood. He was so determined and he is such a good shopper that he did actually find one to put our 50 inch TV into and I can decorate the top of it , treating it as a mantle!! Only then did I let him buy one that big!! LOL!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Insist it gets hung on the wall...Brooke, been there done that and it does help..., double hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke,
    You've done an amazing job of designing around the TV, dear friend!
    You made me chuckle when you said you snuggled with the pups!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just bought a big new tv last week, as well! My husband has been dying for a new one after lightening hit our home the week of Christmas and we're just getting a new one. It's huge but nice while watching movies! I really like how think yours in and your mom is pretty and cozy as ever!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!