Thursday, January 14, 2016

Three New Vintage Wedding Photographs and Flea Market Friday #8

Welcome to the 8th Flea Market Friday Party!
I am so glad you can join us!!

For this weeks party I have three new brides to share with you....
You all know by now how much I love my vintage photos.
This first one doesn't look too happy.  But I loved her outfit and bouquet.
Hopefully the marriage was better than the wedding photo!
This next one is sweet the way she is holding his arm.  These two have the same style, length of dresses, veil and flowers....  That must have been the thing to do in the 1920's I am guessing.
This last one is my favorite, 1950's was such a pretty time for weddings.  I just love everything about this one and wonder how it ended up at a junk store....  I will love her as I do all my old photos.
I will add them to my office area somewhere.  For now they are on my sideboard.  I love finding these wedding photos, these three were $5 all together.  You gotta love that!

What else have I been up to?  We have been busy working with home school stuff.  Our 13 year old is doing great and I am feeling much more comfortable with the process.  We started in Mid November and I can honestly say it was a great decision for us.  We have been working about 4 hours a day and she is really understanding her subjects much more and her grades are higher than traditional schools were.  We do one to two subjects a day and are getting a schedule down now.

This week I also shared a new wreath tutorial, thanks so much for your lovely comments!
Here is the link in case you missed this one!
 And for some BIG NEWS!!!
I also joined INSTAGRAM this past week... I know... I am late to the party.  But I didn't have a smartphone before.  I have to tell you... it is addicting.  My username is "creativecountrymomblog" come find me and I will follow you back!

Okay, now that is out of the way... let's have some features!
DD's Cottage and Design "Wordless Wednesday"
Love this collection of goodies on her faux fireplace.

A Vintage Green's "Saw Blade Coffee Sign"
Trash to treasure is just so much fun!

20151216_152736
Altered Artwork's "Desk Secretary Gets A Promotion"
What a fun before and after!

Musing Of A Vintage Junkie's "Thrifty Tin and Other Things"
You have some great finds, but my favorite is this scale!

Grindley Transferware Bowl
Adirondack Girl At Hearts "This Weeks Vintage Finds #109
Oh Diana, I still want to go shopping with you!

DD's Cottage and Design "Transformation Of The Throw Away Dresser"
Yes, DD has two features, but I had to share this wonderful project!
Love.Everything.About.This!!

Okay, lets get this party started!
Please use the little tag here and/or give me a link to www.creativecountrymom.com


-Party Rules-
Only posts with my link will be featured.
Please become a follower of Creative Country Mom.
By linking you allow me to featured your posts and images on my site.
All posts must have a repurposed, vintage, upcycled home and garden theme.
I reserve the right to delete any posts that do not comply with the party theme.


Okay, I am still trying to get the word out about my link party,
so if you would share it on your site or social media I would really appreciate it!
Can't wait to see what you share this week!
xxx....Brooke


Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  



Instagram

16 comments :

  1. Those are all great wedding photos. It's really nice to see that someone appreciates these treasures whether they knew the people or not. I recently acquired some items from an aunt who had to move to a care center. I have her wedding dress and some mementos she saved. Beautiful pieces from the 40s that just deserve to be saved. I have the family connection, but often wonder about when there is no one to share those pieces with. Thanks for showing us your new finds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too, I am glad you kept everything. Maybe make a little corner and display it from time to time. My mom has offered me her's but it is too precious to leave out on my form. I have mine all stored away too. I love everything vintage and wedding. I even collect the certificates. xxx....

      Delete
  2. Great features! Thank you so much for featuring my scale. I love your party because it is all about what I love and what I do so thank you for hosting every week. I am now following you on Instagram too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, so happy to have you here! xxx...

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the invite Brooke & for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that the brides found a happy new home:) It always makes me laugh to see those vintage brides and grooms, looking oh so solemn!! Your display is wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for featuring my vintage find, Brooke--lovely party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Brooke, thank you for featuring my Coffee Sign Saw this week, a lovely surprise. Thank you for Flea Market no. 8. I loved seeing your very vintage and thrifted wedding portraits. Have a great week ahead.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the wedding photos! Thank you for the party.

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting this lovely blog party. I will share your blog link on my FB.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Brooke,
    Wow, thanks so much for featuring my vintage desk secretary transformation. As a new follower to your blog, I am looking forward to lingering awhile and catching up on your posts.
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those vintage pictures are so neat. I am amazed at the clothing people used to have. It was so stylish and fit so well. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have google+, pinned everything I can pin and FB'd the word out---hope that helps--I don't instagram or twitter...lol, old ladies can only do so much techy stuff, Grins, Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!