Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Sweet Vintage Metal Roses and Printed Tags on the Antique Sideboard

It's the time of year to recreate your home.
It's no longer Christmas, and I have to admit, I hate Winter anymore.
I love to see snow.... once... for a snow day.
Then bring on the sun for this girl.

 So I took all elements of Christmas down, not that there was so much this year.  I only left the Ice skate vignette in the entry that even looks winter at all in this house.
 This antique sideboard is one of my favorite areas to decorate.  This time I wanted it to be soft and sweet, bot not quite Easter yet.  So I have these sweet vintage scrapbook style cut tags with several different images on them.
 I bought them a few years ago and had them tucked away.
I kept my lace and burlap runner and crystal lamps on the sideboard.
 And brought out these darling metal roses I bought this fall at the local Barn Market for just a few dollars.
 I love my scalloped white pottery, I think I have the entire set of this style.
 And of course I love my crystal bits with little tea-lite candles.
 The antique sideboard always seems to photograph too dark and shiny, it is much richer and pretty in person.  This is partly because this room gets a bunch of natural light in the winter days.  All of which I am soaking it in.... we went from mid 80s in Florida last week to the low 30s as a high here!
 We had a great visit with my parents....
And spent four wonderful days at the beach in Clearwater.

Thanks so much for stopping by and just to let you know.... 
#fleamarketfriday will be back this week!

You can start sharing your posts Thurday evening at 5 pm!
xxx....Brooke



Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

2 comments :

  1. Brooke,
    Love the Victorian tags along with your sweet vintage metal roses on the sideboard, dear friend!!!
    Your burlap and vintage lace runner is exquisite!!!
    You have some lovely daughters!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brooke: I have just found your web page. I am in love with your home and all your shabby chic decorating! Can you share with me about the burlap and lace runner on your sideboard. Did your make this or purchase it somewhere? This has caught my eye and I want one now!!! Thanks so much for posting all the pretty pictures. I'll be watching!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!