Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Sweet Country, Cottage Statement Wall Up My Stairway

 I have shared a little bit of this with you before, but it has been a while.
I seemed to have trouble figuring out what to do with my stairway.  I cannot have anything that would be breakable, things get knocked around here.
 So last year sometime I hung this collection of sweet cottage goodies in the area.

 Last week I found these two reproduction knob thingies for only $3 for both.... I had originally planned on painting them right away.
 But then I hung them up anyway and started to see other black touches in the area.  Maybe they will add some contrast to the creams.... or maybe they will be spray painted as soon as it warms up a bit.
 I am still tweaking several areas from the holiday clean up... I have too many ideas and too little time.
 Maybe the shirt looks a bit odd to you... but it is a vintage Sarah McClintock Gunnie Sax and I just love it.  I could really start collecting old vintage clothes.  So delicate and lovely.  And way too small for me to wear.... but a keeper.
 I am hoping one day soon to makeover our stairway and remove the carpeting and stain the woods.  I stopped painting the walls and you can see my rough edge.  We need scaffolding to go the rest of the way to the ceiling.  My hubby had two surgeries this past year and built the screen porch, he has been a little busy... but I hope we can do it all one day.
I will be sharing this post and more at my #fleamarketfriday party... I sure hope you can come back then.  It will start Thursday at 5 pm right here at Creative Country Mom's.

See you then.....Brooke


Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

7 comments :

  1. I love your stairway wall...and I like the blackness of the knob boards..it all looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks stunning. When I was in high school(1970's) I spent $42 on a gunne sax dress that I never wore, looked like your shirt only long to the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stair wall is beautiful. The Gunnie Sax blouse reminds me of something I own that looks very similar and was given to me by a 92 year old family member. It looks like blouse to me, but it is actually a hand sewn bed jacket made as part of her mother-in-law's when she was married in the late 1800's in Italy. The narrow ribbon that ran through some of the embroidery is the only thing that has deterioriated and I have it hanging on a padded hanger in my guest room right now and I adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a charm !
    I've never thought about decorating our stair in such a way ... that could be a great idea !!!
    With neverending gratitude and esteem
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I like the arrangement. It looks really good to me and like the Gunnie sax blouse also I still have a Gunnie Sax dress of when one of daughters was 6 years old

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the arrangement! I think the black pieces are a nice contrast. I would leave them black. It looks perfect. And the Gunnie Sax blouse...to die for! I think I had one very similar way back when. Y our blog is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Gunnie Sax blouse and the entire arrangement in your stairwell. Very unique and lovely. Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!