Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Making A New Pretty Wreath With An Old Grapevine Form - DIY Tutorial


Good Morning and welcome back to Creative Country Moms!
Today I am sharing a fun, simple way to maybe make a new wreath for your home.  During the winter months I am always looking to add soft vintage touches to my home.  Easy DIY ideas that are easy and don't break the bank.

 I had these neutral peony style blooms in my basement storage just begging me to do something with them...  They were slightly oversized with a hint of gold.  I also have several grapevine wreaths from yardsales and such.  Maybe to you this one looks pretty beat up, but it is lose and open and perfect for the way I use them....  Because I really weave my branches down into my wreaths!
First off, take off the flower head if it is large.  And then weave the wire stems right into your grapevine.  I mean tight as you can.  Then begin to pull the leaves out and hide the stems if you can.
 When you get to where you attach your blooms, make that as tight to the wreath as you can.  Then bend it upward so the bloom lays flat against your wreath.  Don't leave anymore room than you have to, you want it pressed against the wreath and not floppy.
 Now you can add your large blooms and feel comfortable they will stay forward and pretty.  To me this makes it look like a store bought wreath.  A little more thought and planning, but worth it in the end.  I know it is quicker to just "poke them in" but it looks so much better this way.
 So here is my wreath with all the leaves and blooms.  It is pretty much covered, but you can still see a bit of the vines.
 I love to add little touches like the sweet tag.
 And then I tied it up with some burlap ribbon and lace.  This cute hook I found last summer.
I have it hanging in the entry now, it is nice and neutral and I can use it anytime now for any season.  I hope this gives you an idea or two to spruce up your winter home.

xxx....Brooke


Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

9 comments :

  1. Love your pretty wreath Brooke! It looks delightful in your entryway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke,
    Gorgeous wreath for your entry, dear friend!!!
    Great tip about removing the flower head while fitting in the branches!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tutorials making floral design so easy for so many. Making wreaths from garlands is an excellent way for a novice to get beautiful results...and I always love your special touches. Thanks for the great post, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ideas are always so charming, I always feel in awe, my dear Brooke, thank you for sharing your creativity with us,
    sending love to you,
    with thankfulness and esteem,
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love making wreaths and I love your idea of weaving the stems in. Yours is so pretty and natural looking. The burlap and lace adds such pretty touch....kind of a Victorian Country look. I like a little grapevine showing too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty wreath. Very natural and beautiful. And the burlap adds just the right rustic touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. a very gorgeous wreathe! it makes me think of spring. Have a lovely day..
    Tamara <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful wreath! I love the color! Can be used anywhere in the home! Can't wait to come back and read some more!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wreaths are on of my favorite elements of home decor, Brooke, and yours came out so beautifully. Thanks for linking up with Vintage Charm :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!