Friday, January 1, 2016

How To Make Paper Roses.... A Tutorial

Happy New Year!
I am back from my little blogging break!!
We had a great holiday and long visit with my parents in sunny Florida.
I thought I would jump back in with a fun tutorial to start the New Year!
 If you are like me, it feels like your house is a bit bare after the holiday decor goes down.  Maybe you have a few spots to fill and are looking for something a bit different.
 Fill your vignettes with some fun paper roses!  Let me show you how....

All you will need is....
An old book you don't mind cutting up...
A bit of wire...
Some glue or staples....
and a scalloped craft scissors or patience to make little scallops.
 I love simple crafts that don't cost anything!
 The hardest part for me is cutting circles... but don't worry, they get all wrinkled up... so don't fret if they are not perfect!
 Glue or staple the three layers together then crinkle them up... then if you want to, tape on the wire to make a stem.
Or you can just place them around the house.
I like mine with a bit of greenery and some cottage trinkets!

Have fun decorating and come back soon.... I have so much more to share!
xxx.....Brooke


Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

4 comments :

  1. These are so cute Brooke! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to make some book page flowers for a long time - thanks for sharing the tutorial at Talk of the Town. I'm giving you a shout out on FB tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These looks so nice! I especially love the book pages. Thanks for linking up to the party this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!