Wednesday, January 6, 2016

A Family Tree - Using Vintage Photographs in Decor

 This week I refreshed the sideboard and a few niches around the house.  After doing so, I realized I did not have anyplace for some of my favorite vintage wedding photos.  I just love these so much, I have them out on display most of the year somewhere. 
 I had added the sprays of dogwood blooms to my pre-lit tree earlier.... so why not do a family tree?
 No sorry, they are not our family... but someones... left behind and eventually ending up at a thrift store. 
 I love to collect these and dream of who they were, what their names were and what happened to them.
 I would guess by the clothes they were well to do in their days.
 Some look happy.... others I am not too sure.
Would you look at the size of the bouquets!
I just have them on the tree with clothes pins, I don't want to damage them.
Just a fun little idea to warm up a corner of your cottage for the long days of winter ahead!
xxx....Brooke

I will be sharing this at #fleamarketfriday this week.  
Hope you will share your vintage posts as well!

Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

10 comments :

  1. I love you old photo, I too have a small collection. I enjoy you home. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a shop near here that always have old photos for a dollar each.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool idea...I've been mulling over a couple of ideas, but we will see. Onward to some major renovations here and planning---cleaning out and weaning, lol. Can't even fathom the 12 boxes, 3 totes ---and entire cedar chest full of photos, at this time. Grins, love looking at yours...lol, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from Vintage Charm, this is so pretty! Love the old photos. Your home is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty idea. Beautiful pictures too. We just found a huge box of beautiful old pictures like these when we cleaned out my in laws home. So sad, we know they are family but don't know the names of any of them. I can't part with them and I may have to display a few in my home anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful vintage display. That is a very original way to display photos. Love it!! Now you'll have to take some of yours and age them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely tree, always in full bloom !!
    And with your family photographs it's truly a precious ornament for your so wonderful, unique, home !
    Thank you for sharing your Beautiful Idea, darling Brooke,
    sending love
    Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you family "tree," Brooke--shared it on facebook and Pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the lights and those old photos! Thanks for linking up over at Vintage Charm! Hope to see you again this week on Thursday morning! xoKathleen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your vintage photo display. How creative and how fun. I collect old photos as well and think of them as people no one wanted or they had no families left to pass things on to. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!