Friday, December 11, 2015

A Vintage Christmas and a Holiday Note

 Merry Christmas and welcome back my sweet dears!
Today I am sharing more of my vintage style holiday decor around the house.
 I did not do nearly as much as I usually do, but I am enjoying the little special vignettes.

 I am happy to say I am selling a bunch of my decor things from the basement!
I got rid of everything with faces... but not angels of course!
 But santas, snowmen, anything too primitive.... my styles have changed to much in 20 plus years of decorating.
 I did not even put up a big tree this year.  Just two little 4 ft ones.
 I did not want to move a whole bunch of furniture since we are not hosting anything this year.
 I am sorry I did not do a #fleamarketfriday today.  We have been dealing with our 12 year old Great Dane the last two days.  He was missing for 8 days and we thought him gone for good.  A lady posted a picture of him on Facebook and we found him late last night.  He is skinny, beat up and tired.  And failing.  I do not know how much longer, but soon.  12 is incredible age for a dane that was 120 pounds in his prime.  We are keeping comfortable, but I feel it will not be long. 
Homeschooling my 13 year old is going well, but we are going thru my internet like crazy.  I have a data plan instead of unlimited.  I love the program she is using, but it is crazy how much internet we are going thru ($$$).  I love being way out in the country, but it has its setbacks.... no broadband here!
 The school started her over in her courses so we are doing a years worth in seven months.  So we have been working pretty hard to figure all of it out and try to set a workable pace every day.  I cannot tell you how much I enjoy having her home with me and helping her with her classes.
 So to get everything done for the upcoming holiday and keep her on track I will be doing a small blogging break until the New Year.  My girls will be home for two weeks and we will be busy shopping and cooking and merry-making.
 I may do a quick post if the mood strikes me.....
 But if you do not hear from me... don't worry.
 I hope you have a wonderful holiday full of memories and thankfulness.
I know I have so much to be thankful for this Christmas!

See you in the New Year....xxx....Brooke


Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!