Sunday, December 6, 2015

A Beautiful Way To Display Your Holiday Leftovers ~~Cottage Kitchen With Antique Dishwares

Hello my sweet readers and welcome back to my cottage style kitchen.
 Today I am sharing something you might already have... even more than one of!
These are called cloches in the decorating world.
You might think of them as the top of a cake stand or cheese plate.
But I use them for more than that!  All year round!!

 At my house there usually is not much leftover to store... but when I do have things that do not go in the fridge, I love to use a glass lid or cloche.
 I have two sizes, one that would be large for a full size plate or cake.
 And another that is perfect for a dessert plate.
 They make everything look so pretty.  But they also make it easy to store things, plated up... no tupperware, saran wrap or foil.  It things have icing they don't get messed up too.
 I love that they can be left out and look pretty with my cottage winter vignette.
 I just added a few sweet things that sparkle for winter this year.
 This little heart I made with a book page and a wooden craft tag a few years ago.  Mod-Podge and a dusting of glitter.... I need to make ore like this.
 This was done with a Christmas card the same way on a wooden tag.
 You can find these clotches in almost any Goodwill store or flea market for pennies.
I have mine out all year, sometimes with sweet goodies... and other with decor tucked under the dome.
Here is where the small ones goes when I am not using it... too cute.
Hopefully this gives you an idea or two for the holidays and every day!

Thanks so much for dropping by.....Brooke


Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!