Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Hiding Light Cords in a Tinsel Tree - DIY Holiday Decorating

 Welcome Back and I am so glad to be sharing a new post!
It has been a rough last month here at the lake.
I was really sick for over two weeks, then my husband got it.
He ended up with pneumonia and spent a couple days in the hospital with it.
Thanks goodness, he is back to work this week and we are feeling better.
So I am sorry I missed the link up party last Thursday, but we will pick it up tomorrow.
Last year I purchased this sweet little tinsel tree.
It is kind of a Charlie Brown meets Vintage sweetie.
Not white, not quite silver but a little bit gold.
I wanted to have it lit, but the problem was... white lights were really too bright.
What to do??

 So this past weekend I went to a flea market down the road and they had a big bag of antique tinsel garland...  for $1.50... I had a plan.  I decided to wrap my white cord with the tinsel garland.
 It was a bit time consuming and very easy to get yourself in knots...
 But I am very happy with the results.
 You can hardly see any of the white cords and the tinsel adds a bit more gold, very vintage looking.
 So pretty and bright, it is hard to get a good photo.
 I have it next to the dress form for now... who knows when I get done with everything.
 I added some sparkly gold crosses and silver balls. 
I added a tiny little silver tree and lace with a white feather boa.
 It is a lot prettier in person.
 Of course, just dragging things up from the basement means I have glitter and mess all over the house.
 It's Christmas Season...  I expect nothing less.... right?
I am trying to go really vintage this year and most of my things won't even come upstairs.  I will donate or have a yard sale this Spring.  My taste has changed so much in the last few years.  I keep saying it will be a "low key" decorating job this year.  I am not putting up a big tree, but just little skinny trees and vignettes.  What about you?  Are you going all out... or scaling back this year??

xxx...Brooke





Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!