Sunday, October 11, 2015

The New/Old Blue Basket - Fresh Country Decorating Ideas

 A quick fun post about my yummy finds at the yard sales last week.
This wonderful basket was from the same lady.
I came home and told my hubby it was like going to my own yard sale.
She and I had a lot of the same stuff!

But the paint on this basket was just the perfect shade of country blue for my kitchen.
 I had a wreath in this spot for a long time, but I loved the idea of the pop of blue and decorating the inside of the basket with goodies.
 Here you can see the painted blue wall next to the basket.
I am still loving my new-cottage look in the kitchen.
 Sweet and simple.  With lots of plants of course.
 I am still in love with the vintage print over the high chair.
I pretty much built the color scheme of the room around this sweet print.
I have also been adding to my white dishes last week in my sales.
I will share those soon with a new table centerpiece.
You can see a peek of it here!

Come back... I would love to share more of my ideas and vintage decor with you.
Please consider becoming a new follower.

xxx...Brooke

I will be sharing this post and more at #fleamarketfriday
Starting October 16th right here at Creative Country Mom's!



Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

7 comments :

  1. Brooke,
    First, before I forget, I absolutely love the backdrop on your blog!!!
    The blue basket was "meant to be" in your kitchen!!!
    I love the added texture, PoP of color and the dimensional art it brings to your lovely space!!!
    I tried to get a "sneak peek", but nothing was there!!!
    I'll be back to see those white dishes, soon!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great basket and I LOVE the color! Your kitchen and eating area are so pretty! I am a happy follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That print is you have hanging beside the blue basket is absolutely beautiful! I adore it. It really looks pretty with the way you have everything decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brooke,
    Love the blue basket it looks so pretty. Just love the whole vignette. Also love your sweet drapes.
    Your eating area is just so beautiful. Happy New Week.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the picture above your pie safe! Thanx for partying at THT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the ironstone platter and the blue basket! Great idea to hang it! And thanks for joining in at our very first Vintage Charm Link Party! xoKathleen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!