Thursday, October 8, 2015

Soft, Pretty Vintage Decor in my Front Entry and Stairway

Not especially a fall post today...
But it is full of Vintage Style Eye Candy.
So I think you will forgive me!
 This week I redid the stairway wall with some soft, pretty goodies.
So let's take a good look around!


 One of the first things you notice are my two angel statues.
This one was a dumpster dive... you would not believe how heavy she is!
 She is missing three of her wings, but still lovely to me.
 This angel and stand I bought a few years ago.
I had it in the garden and always worried it would be damaged.
A few years ago I moved it in for the holidays and it has been inside ever since.
 The jewel of this area is Grandma Gertie's table Chandelier. 
It recently got "new earrings"... I love the new glass crystals.
 I love to add jewelry to my decorating.  
Here are some vintage pearls hanging with a few blooms.
Some days I have to look thru the house to find a necklace I want to wear!
 I scored several yards of this wide lace a few years ago and have it all over the house.
I will also use it on the little tree I will do in this area for the holidays.
Okay, here is my new collage for the big wall up the stairs.
I constantly struggle with what to do with it.
I cannot have anything that will break or hang crooked.
My family must be wall walkers.
Everything I hang on here gets knocked around.
 This is what started it all.
A vintage Jessica McClintock peasant blouse!
I looked up the tag and it is from the early 70s when she was designing in San Francisco.  
Long before she was a household name.
It is a tiny size 5, but I could not resist bringing it home.
I paid $10 for it at a yard sale.
Have you figured out how much I love vintage clothing?
 I knew I wanted this area to be creamy neutrals.
I have a collection of clock faces in the entry too.
So I theme was coming together.
 The wreath has been in the kitchen, but I found a new basket for the area and now I love it here.
 I had a few old wooden hangers... and some vintage lace and fabrics.
 The Chippendale style dresser is a favorite. 
 The birdcage was a splurge I found this Spring.
I do not regret getting it, I had been looking for a long time for the perfect one.
 In each of the clock faces I replaced the holes with knobs.
A fun way to add more character.
 A cute little bird... they are everywhere in this house.  Love them.
Who knew one of my best vintage tips would be clothes pins.
But they do not damage your vintage photos and are so cute to display.
 Find some twine, lace, bits of burlap, scraps of flowers, a few buttons.
It really dresses up an old mirror or mantle.
 This little dress my mom made for one of the girls.
I just hung it on a wooden pant hanger and added the bow.
More clothes pins.. this time to fill the frame with a vintage photo.
No glass needed!
 I wish I could get a picture to share just how pretty this really looks.
It always seems a little harsh with the sunlight and my camera.
It is soft and sweet.  And for now... perfect.
But you know me by now... it could all be changed tomorrow!

Oh I forgot to talk about the wallpaper.. I am still loving it.
I now want to paper the entire house.

But that would break the bank right?
Oh well.... thanks for stopping by!

xxx.....Brooke



Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

Enter your email address:  

10 comments :

  1. Hi Brooke..
    How stunning..the colors..textures.. just all of it.. it seems to tell a charming and personal story. It's so inspiring and lovely.. thank you for sharing. It truly added beauty to my day.

    Tamara <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much hun. I have changed my decor so much in the nine years since we built. But I really enjoy it this way. Glad it comes thru in the pictures.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I was the only one of the girls who liked it... the rest of the family thinks it is "God Awful" lol... It is definitely one of a kind.

      Delete
  3. Brooke,
    Soft, subtle, tranquil. . .exquisite, dear friend!!!
    I adore the little dress on the pants hanger most of all!!!
    The angel with broken wings won my heart, too!!!
    Thank you for sharing this precious area in your lovely home!!!
    I can only imagine with the Holiday decor how fabulous this will be!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Brookes, so nummingly romantic and sweet. Dumpster diving for angels...that made me laugh. My hubby used to have fits when I brought things home all disgusting...but he wouldn't laugh when they went to the shop with hefty price tags, and then they would disappear. Love your blue and the wallpaper reminds me of clouds. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke: I love everything from the chandelier, the vintage clothing, birdcage, angels, etc. I also agree with you on the wallpaper. It is such a great addition. No wonder the Victorians went crazy with it. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty and creative view when entering your home! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful vignette! The vintage photos, the mirror, the angels, the wallpaper, the birdcage and the light fixture, Wow! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Brooke! You're right, so much eye candy! My favorites are the chandelier lamp and the birdcage. The angels are darling, too! I like the idea of replacing the clock face with a knob, great idea! Thanks for linking up with our Vintage Charm Link Party! xoKathleen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!