Thursday, October 15, 2015

My Sweet-Shabby Vintage Tin Lampshade and The Very First Flea Market Friday Link Up Party!

Welcome to the very first #FleaMarketFriday here at Creative Country Mom's!
I am so excited to be hosting this new weekly party!
 For this first share I wanted to let you see my corner desk area.
 I love my old library table for a desk with it's lovely column legs.
The blanket chest is great storage plus more than one person can be looking at the computer.  Perfect for homework and school projects I might need to help the girls with.  It is full of computer and camera equipment, extra copy paper and books of course!
This area sits off the entry in what use to be my dining room.  I have a country eat-in kitchen and another eating area on our screen room.  So I removed the old dining table and hutch and use it as an open office and display room for my vintage goodies.
 Today's flea market share is this fun punched tin shade.  I found this about three years ago at an yard sale down the road.  It had been hanging outside and was filthy.  It actually was about 10 ft up in the air and I asked the lady if she would sell it to me.  She had her husband (not happily) get a ladder and take it down for me for something like $3.  My husband was with me and thought I was crazy.  I wanted to use it in the kitchen over the table for years, but my husband was not sold on the idea.  So since then I had been looking for a perfect spot for it.  Then last week the thought hit me... My desk lamp shade could be moved and it would work there!  I love it when it all comes together like that.  I added bits of lace and the glass crystals.  Wha-la!  It is so pretty of an evening... sending dots of light all over the walls.
Okay, lets get this party started!

Please use the little tag here and/or give me a link to www.creativecountrymom.com

-Party Rules-
Only posts with my link will be featured.
Please become a follower of Creative Country Mom.
By linking you allow me to featured your posts and images on my site.
All posts must have a repurposed, vintage, upcycled home and garden theme.
I reserve the right to delete any posts that do not comply with the party theme.




I would appreciate any help in getting the word out about the new party!
Please let your readers know about it and add it to your weekly party lists.

I cannot wait to see all you share!
xxx....Brooke

Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:

8 comments :

  1. Welcome back to partying, Brooke, and thank you for giving it a go again! I'll be back to check out more links as the party gets going. :)
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brooke for Flea Market Friday 1. Your home is very inviting and your decor is very vintage. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Brooke for this new party! It is a pleasure being here for the very first one! I love your desk area. It is so cozy!!

    xo
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love Love ! Your cover page is DARLING !! Love your lampshade! Your home is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for hosting this new party, Brooke. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stumbled on your blog today. How lucky am I. Your very first party.
    I visit Flea Markets often so your party is my style.
    Your home is beautifully decorated. Best regards, Thelma.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to have found your new party! I just happened to have repurposed some things and wrote a post about it!! Following you email so I can join again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting the party Brooke. I got some of my teacups from the thrift store. Your home is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!