Tuesday, October 20, 2015

My Love Of Vintage White Dishes and Lace....

I have to admit.
I have a problem.
I am addicted to buying white dishes and lace.
I cannot seem to stop.  And honestly... I don't want to.
 It started a few years ago with a few transfer-ware pieces. 
 But now it is full on white ironstone that really makes my heart soar.
 Sweet scallops make me smile.

 And look so lovely with my antique laces.
 Simple and perfect with candles glowing of an evening.
 One thing that means fall to me is how the house should smell.
Warm and homey.  Soft glows from the tables.
 As much as I love my deep colors... the pure whites are so charming.
 I am in no way a big spender.
I am a yard sale, thrifter, goodwill gal.
 Chipped and cracked is fine.
 It adds character and makes it affordable too.
 I haven;'t added as much fall to the house this year as I use  to.
 I think I am just enjoying it as it is for a bit.
 I am loving having the door open to the new screen room this year.
 It is like we added a whole new room to the house.
 You can hear my wind chimes and the birds.
 Fall is my very favorite time of year.
 But I know what is coming.... cold days and blah.
 This week is fall break and I am trying to bottle it up and keep this feeling in the house.
 Time seems like it is going so fast for me lately.
 The seasons and our family life.
 My oldest will be 16 on Saturday.
Where has the time gone?
We will celebrate with family and friends this weekend.
I love having the house full of kids and pets and our crazy family.
I am so happy you came by for a visit.
Please come back again soon!

xxx....Brooke

Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

13 comments :

  1. I do believe I have the same addiction. First transferware and now white dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen is just lovely! It looks like the perfect place to sit down and have a morning coffee and just relax :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you! Love lace and white ironstone! It adds such a crisp fresh look, and you can add other colours to it and mix it up with different vignettes. Looks great with your black table. Have a great party! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I recently have found that I have a thing for ironstone, particularly pitchers. I have collected quite a few of them over the summer. I have to add some white lace now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I really like your candle holders on the table arrangement too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brooke,
    I adore your new Cottage Style, dear friend!!!
    I, too, have an ever growing ironstone collection!!!
    I stay away from crazing and cracked, as I use my pieces when entertaining.
    I've been fortunate to find pieces at local Antique Shops for reasonable prices!!!
    Wishing you a wonderful time with your family as you celebrate your daughter's Sweet Sixteen!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cozy and inviting room! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kitchen looks so cozy and comforting. You do such a nice job getting the right feel for Fall. I agree, I know what is coming.... bleh!
    Thanks so much for linking up with Let's Talk Vintage! Enjoy the day. ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear! I think several of us have the same addictions to white dishes and lacy linens. Maybe we should form a support group!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, now I know what to send you for Christmas, LOL. Don't we all, I have my mom's old chippy white ironstone gravy boat up in the cupboard...occasionally it gets used. My passion is blue and white, would take a mile long post to show all my blue---anything. Thanks for sharing and confessing, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every single detail says HOME.
    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm an ironstone junkie as well, mainly tureens. I have to hold myself back from buying more lol. Your kitchen is so warm and inviting! Thanks for linking up to Vintage Charm #2!
    xoKathleen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!