Friday, October 16, 2015

A Bit More About My Cottage Kitchen -- Reader's Questions Answered!

Happy Friday dear readers. I had a blogging friend request for me to take some more photos of the kitchen for her.  Especially my upper cabinets and the goodies there.
So I gladly took these photos, and now I will share them with all of you!
Many of you know this was my last big project... it went from country to cottage this summer.

 I am still really enjoying the new look.  But what I love is how I have all my white and floral plates out now.  I have had many of these for years, scattered around the house.  Now they are in one area and so much fun to enjoy.
 I don't have a ton of space over my cabinets.
But enough for some plates and bunnies and such....  I did not change these out for Fall like I usually do.  I will probably do a few winter things soon and take the bunnies down for a bit.
 Sorry about the pics, they were taken quickly... but my counter tops are a very light grey, almost white with a bit of brown flecks in them.
 Our cabinets are cider stained oak and very well built.
They always look more red in my photos, but they are a neutral in person.
 I have lots of natural wood touches and cottage trinkets around.
 I have a big work island so I can have some cute displays under my cabinets.
I do not have built in cabinet lights, but I leave this little vintage lamp on of an evening. 
 What would I change?  I would love to redo the island and add some color.  I am also looking for a smaller kitchen table.  This one is bar height and we just never use it.  I would like to have a small round table and country vintage chairs.  I will save this one for my oldest when she gets started in a few years.
 I am thinking about adding painted bead-board to the island in a country color.  It needs some trim as well.  But I love having the big island! 
 When we built the house nine years ago I could not believe this was my kitchen.
Our old one was so tiny!  I thought I would never get use to the room.  Now... it is full to the brim!  But this is where everyone gathers when we have company.  As they say, it is the heart of the home.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have you added your posts to my very first #fleamarketfriday party yet?

It's not too late.... Click Here!
xxx...Brooke

Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

9 comments :

  1. I love your kitchen! All the photos are great. I am especially drawn to the one of the scale with the covered dish with the birds inside peering out. Absolutely LOVE the lamp beside it perched on a book...it casts such a cozy glow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen looks pretty, warm and inviting, I love it all! You did a great job gathering all your white and floral pieces on top of the cabinets and the pretty vignettes in the counters.
    That is always a great place for embellishing the kitchen cabinets with lovely goodies on top.

    When we rebuilt this kitchen hubby had the custom made cabinets done all the way to the ceiling. I let him because he was so excited with the new kitchen, but of course, I don't have a place for décor anymore!
    Have a nice weekend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen is adorable. I do like the idea of adding bead board to your island.

    I have a high-top table in my kitchen too, but as I'm getting older, I find it less and less comfortable to sit at for any length of time. I also wish I could replace it with a regular table and chairs, but we paid a ridiculous amount of money for it and it's very pretty, so my hubby is having none of that talk. Instead, we eat sitting on the couch watching TV most nights. Sad......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitchen is very pretty with so many lovely touches! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blue now that you are all done. The warmth of the cabinetry balances out the cool tones of the blue and the white plates are icing on the cake. How about white beadboard on the island...might just be more icing!. lol, Thanks for the tour, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brooke,
    I love your b i g kitchen, dear friend!!!
    What adorable vignettes on your Kitchen counters!!!
    LOVE the scale with the bird nest. . .and the two tier plate rack with a bowl at the bottom!!!
    Thank you for sharing your Country Kitchen gone Cottage!!!
    Charming, indeed!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a beautiful kitchen and the colour of the wall compliments nicely the wood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charming kitchen and breakfast nook. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!