Monday, September 28, 2015

Sweet Corner Display with Newly Painted Vintage Chair


Just a quick post today sharing a painting project.
This lovely old chair is a new addition.
I had it in our bathroom upstairs.
But for Fall I moved it down to the office to hold my large cactus. 

 This area is fun to decorate.
Definitely my whimsy side shows up here!
But I love the old lace and vintage printed cards and fans. 
The chair was a salvage gift from a friend.
I recovered the seat and painted it a light cream milk paint.


 The antique lamp and shade are a conversation piece for sure.
 I love the delicate pattern on these glass pieces.
I had the two larger ones of years, but have been adding to this spring from Goodwill finds.
 The valance is an repurposed pillowcase.  Of course... I added the crystals!
They are just hung on the lace, I can remove them anytime.
 More vintage lace is on the chair... along with some burlap and a cute little card.
 It is difficult to get good pictures in this area.
 But hopefully you can get an idea of how it looks.
As many of you commented this week.
Decor should be fun... not expensive.
I am happy my house does not look like everyone else's.
 I am a trash to treasure kind of girl.
I even like it better when I get the goodies for free.
Pretty much everything and anything finds a home here!
This weekend I saved a bicycle wheel from the dumpster. 
I am hoping to make a wreath out of it.

My friends at a barn sale did this last year and I did not purchase it when I had the chance.  I had been kicking myself for not getting it.  

So now I have one and I can't wait to decorate it and share it with you.

Okay, I have a whole bunch more to share...
I hope you can come back soon!

xxx....Brooke



Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

2 comments :

  1. Interesting grouping of finds here. Love the pillow case valance...I have some lovely ones...that need to be out in the air somewhere. Definitely all has a Fall touch to it also, nice post, Thanks, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke, love the chair and the lamp is such a fun conversation piece. I have an old wire shade that I hung bits of lace from in my living room. The crystals hanging from the pillow case was a brilliant idea. Really dresses it up! I have two bicycle wheels, one small and one large. May need to make a wreath out of my small one too. Thanks for the inspiration and thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!