Friday, September 18, 2015

Rustic Fall Family Room in Neutrals with Burlap Accents

Hello again.  It feels like forever since I have done a home decor post!  I will be starting my room by room Fall Home Tour today with our Family Room. I have so much to show you! 

This is the one room that has not been redone since we built the house in 2006 (besides the new flooring last summer.) 
This is really the only room in the house that still has a lot of country accents.  It is hard to get good photos in this room.  It is almost like a sun room.  It gets a ton of light during the day.  My plants love it.


 During the summer months there is a bird and nest theme in this room.  But for fall the pottery and pumpkins came out.  I also have many printed burlap fabrics in this area. 
 These cute glass pumpkins look perfect with my candle holders.
A few nests can still be found.
And a bird or two.  This is an antique scoop I use to hold a very large Christmas cactus.
I brought out lots of grapevine goodies this year.
Today I added the burlap panels to hide my storage under the TV.  Before it was glass.  I really love the new look.  I also added the two cabinet pulls on the wooden box to make it look like a drawer.  It makes great storage for extra remotes and gadgets.  I used the extra stain from the floor so it now matches the entertainment center.  
 I moved the buggy seat and the rug in for fall.  Since we installed the floors it had been open, but I like the more finished look.
 I love the color of the seat.  This lovely teal green.  The wooden base is a cabinet door I found at a flea market.  I love the color and size...
 I added a bit of everything.  Nothing new.. just bits from my junk collections over the years.
Bits of burlap and cute little greenery balls.
Love this cute little nest pillow and the wire baskets.
 It looks so pretty with the sun coming in during the day.
 I have a new pot of ivy I started, it will take off there and be spilling over in no time.
 Simple metal pumpkins and odds and ends.
 The baby shoes I got at Country Living Fair this year.
 I love the colors of Fall.
 More plants happily growing behind the couch.
 This is such a comfortable room to hang out in, plus it has a wonderful view of our backyard and the lake.
 The other side of the room has an electric fireplace I love to turn on when it is cold.  It looks so real.  Plus it warms up my corner in the cold days!
 My pumpkin colored pottery collection.  I love them!  When you see that color think of me!!
 This all use to be in the kitchen when it too was in Fall colors all year.  But I really like it on the fireplace now.
 Lots of family pictures and goodies on the walls.
 Now imagine this with the windows open and a great breeze this week.  It has been wonderful in Indiana this fall.  Only last night did we turn the AC back on.  I had every window in the house open most of the week.
My happy little plant in a raised basket.
 As you can see I have added burlap everywhere.  I can't help myself... it is too easy.
 I guess I should add that this is my TV room, and my hubby claims the Family room.  You know two TV rooms in good for a marriage.
Just like two sweet puppy girls are good for me!  If you did not get to meet Dessa... you can read all about her in my last post.  And yes, Miley is pouting again.  She does not like to take pictures with her "sister"!

Thanks for stopping by.....Brooke



Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

15 comments :

  1. You have all the perfect shades of fall in your room. So cozy. Love your pups. What cuties!!

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this room, it is so warm, homey and personal. The wagon seat is awesome, and I love the wire basket filled with your treasures. And the caramel pumpkin pottery is delicious...and perfect with the warm tones of the room. Thank you for sharing, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all so festive looking...my favorite is the hanging scale. Have a great weekend Brooke.
    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke,
    Amazing family room, dear friend!!!
    I adore those glass pumpkins on the candlesticks!!!
    The hue of pottery is unique. . .and yes! now I'll think of you when I see this color!!!
    Enjoy those breezes, dear one!!!
    Thank you for sharing and inspiring!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your room is decorated so cute for Fall....so welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Buckboard Seat! I have a set of old leaf springs and hope to make one this winter. Your fall décor is lovely - the metal pumpkins the acorns and fall foliage!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Brooke, I love your Fall touches and your buggy seat is to die for! You have created such a beautiful vignette on it. What a fun place to relax and enjoy family and friends. Love your new puppy I had a couple of Boston's a long time ago and adored them. Have a wonderful weekend. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great room, love the color scheme and all that great natural light pouring in! Your fall touches are so pretty, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE that buggy seat and all your autumn decor! Thanks for sharing it at the Vintage Inspiration Party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks really good Brooke! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks wonderful Brooke! Dessa and Miley are adorable!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your family room looks SO cozy, Brooke! I LOVE that little buggy and putting the burlap over the glass in your TV stand was genius!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the rustic touches and the fall decor. This is such a wonderful and inspirational post. I would love it if you would share it at our WIW Linky party today. Hope you can join us!

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect fall colors and very inviting! The pups are too cute! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all your charming details, Brooke! I will be featuring your post in this week's Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!