Friday, September 25, 2015

"Key To My Heart Tree" and More Vintage Style Fall Decor

Welcome back my dears...
I hope you are all having a lovely start to the weekend.
Today I am sharing more Fall Inspirations in my Vintage Themed Office.
I also have a wonderful new LED lit tree to share with you!
I am calling it my "Key To My Heart Tree".

I enjoy decorating for Fall and its rich colors.
My home has a bunch of golds and reds in it all year.
So the Fall Decor just enriches the deep colors.
The corner we are enjoying today features my antique Banner Rotary Wash Machine.
It is all in working order.... even the beaters are inside and the plug is on the back.
It has some wear and tear, but I am keeping it all original. 
My favorite is the decals, so wonderful.
 To decorate it you have to work around the stuff on the top.
Which can sometimes be a challenge.
This Fall I have a Wedding theme with a photo from my own wedding and a vintage photograph from my collection.
 Of course I have to add some lace and bling where I can.
 I love how this corner glows with the lit tree now.
 I found the 6 ft tree on a local FB sale page.  The lady said she gave $70 for it... I bought it new in the box for $25.  It worked... it is always a gamble right?  I bought it for the screen room and my husband threw a fit and said he did not want it out there.  "You have enough junk out there already".... whatever....  I had it in the entry for a few days and then I moved it to the office.  As winter comes I love to have white lights in the house.   I think it's found a home there.
 I had a small collection of vintage style lockets and hearts....
 And I bought some antique looking keys too....
 Thus... a "Key To My Heart" tree.... you can see it much better in person.
 My kids thought I was crazy for leaving my skinny tree decorated and out for at least two years.  But I love the lights.  Now maybe this one will be more "Teen Acceptable."  Lol... they both like it.
 If you did not see yesterdays post about using Vintage Jewelry and Crystals in my dress corner... Click Here.

Thanks so much for stopping by... Have A Great Weekend!
~Brooke~




Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

4 comments :

  1. Stunning! I would love to see your entire home. I bet it is just as gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely things, it is nice to save and treasure objects from the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was drooling over that washing machine in another post. I love the labels on it as well! The tree is very pretty and I love the key to my heart theme! I am such a theme gal myself. Your entire home looks so inviting. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly, I think I love this room the most of all the blogs I read. It's just so deliciously homey and just love all your vintage. Everyone should have such a beautiful place to work...NUMMY! Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!