Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Fall In My Vintage Style Office...


Every grown woman should have a "Mom Cave"...
A place that is all her own.
This one is mine... pretty much.
It was the "Formal Dining Room" for the first five years.

 You would see dust on the dark dining table... and sigh.
We simply never used it.
It was a dust collector.
 So a few years ago we sent grandma's table to live at my momma's house.  
And we turned it into an office.
 At first it bothered me that the table was gone and it seemed empty.
 Now I love it that you can walk freely and get to all the windows.
Trust me, there is more than enough furniture in this house!
 It has ended up being a display room for me to decorate... and redecorate... over and over.
 I know I should be thankful to have all the extra room to play with.
Do I miss having a place to entertain?
No... I can put card tables in here for parties.
And we have a big table in the kitchen and on the screen porch.
This room is one of the first you see when you come in our home.
It either draws you in... or you think a crazy woman lives here.
It depends on the day!
But I think everyone should have a vintage wedding dress as soon as you walk in the door.
Why not right?

Lol.... thanks for stopping by....Brooke

Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

3 comments :

  1. I agree and I think your office is so pretty! You are very creative to have created such pretty displays. I bet you get inspired just by being in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your office looks neat! I like vintage things as well as gardening. :) Your garden looks beautiful. :)
    I hope you check out my blog and follow by email. creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com
    In Christ,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a beautiful place to me Brooke. And I agree, every woman needs her own she cave. I have mine and love it! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!