Friday, August 28, 2015

Starting To Add Fall Touches in my Cottage Kitchen

Okay, it is {almost} the end of August and although some of you are hanging on to summer with all your might... I have been hit by the "Fall Bug".  It's this dang weather, it has been so cool in the mornings... it feels like Fall.
So, I added just a bit to my little wall hutch and country pantry.
Most of my fall gatherings are darker colors that matched the old color scheme.  Never fear...  I have plans to keep it light and fresh for Autumn.  These cute beige pumpkins will fit the bill.
 I am planning on doing a green, cream and rose theme for Fall in most of the house.
So I cut some of my real hydrangea blooms and placed them in the display to dry.  I try to do this every year.  If you cut them with a bit of color, they will dry a lighter version of the same tones.
I am ever so in love with my white dishes against the green shelf.
 This was yesterdays score for $2.  Cute-As-A-Button I tell ya!
 I had the top bare, but added these low accents and love the simple look.
 No priceless family treasures.  Goodwill and thrift stores.  Most for less than a $1.
 Remember in my last post I talked about adding crystal all around.  Here is a fun idea to hang them from some handwork for some bling.
 I am "in" to anything with a handle these days.  I have them all over the house now.
 The two sweet little ones hanging from the pegs are new too.  A quarter and fifty cents... love that.
 I have so many sweet ironstone pieces out that I have even layered them under my lamp and such.  
If I ever need to do a table setting I will have to go all over the house to collect them again.  Oh well... enjoy them.  They are no good in a china cabinet waiting for Christmas.  I say use them every day... right?

If this is your first visit, I hope you will come back again.  I have slowed down my posting for a bit.  Things have been much busier with the girls as they get older and are involved in school activities.  I am no longer driving myself to do so many posts per week or to do so much marketing for the site.  I feel like the right people will find me when they are meant to.  I think you all can relate and realize family comes first for all of us.

Thanks for dropping by and God Bless....  Brooke

Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

12 comments :

  1. I have that delicious green on my living room walls, and everything looks great next to it. Fall, Christmas, everything really. Lovely with your little touches and Fall is right around the corner. Smiles!


    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks lovely!
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke, I am loving your green cabinet with the ironstone.. Your fall touches are so pretty. You are so right family comes first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything in your kitchen is so very beautiful and cozy !
    Maybe because I do love Autumn, but your touches of such good taste make it even more sweet and comfortable, vintage style.
    Thank you for sharing, darling Brooke, enjoy the weekend.
    Sending hugs
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you've done with your decorating and I really like your green shelves. It looks comfy and welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. $2...great find! Charming home as always and I love your fall touches!
    Have a great weekend!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new lighter fall decor! I am also lightening up my house and I will use your site as inspiration for the fall:) I really like what you did with the white china pieces on the green cabinet. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty kitchen and well decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice touches. It has felt a lot like fall in the mornings here, too.
    http://happywonderer.com/2015/08/29/sweet-pea-table/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brooke,
    Your touches of Fall are simply charming, dear friend!!!
    I, too, love the white against the green of your cabinet!!!
    The hydrangea is a "perfect" added touch!!!
    Life gets busy, indeed!!!
    I'll be watching for more Autumnal Decor as time allows!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is beautiful Brooke! Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's lovely seeing all the seasonal changes Brooke. We are in our 3rd day of spring and flowers are blooming everywhere, which makes me very happy. Thanks for sharing at Shabbilicious Friday this week.
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!