Sunday, August 16, 2015

Adding Inexpensive Crystals and a DIY Chandelier

 Welcome back my dears...
 I am sorry to be missing so long.
Almost two weeks since I have shared a post!
Been busy with back to school and HS Girls Golf season.

 Today I am sharing a bit of the bling and new things in the kitchen.
I am such an EBay shopper... 
I just love how many things you can find there.
So a few weeks ago I got on an hanging crystals kick and bought them by the buckets.
Well, not quite... but more than enough to add a good bit of bling here! 

 So I added bling to my sweet birdcage... and a few more flowers too.
 I also added this wonderful cabinet door above the pie-pan safe.
 It added some height and interest.
It also matches the cabinets in my kitchen.
A local flea market has these panels for $2 all the time. I thought about painting it... but like the natural wood for now.
I am still loving the ironstone pottery in the kitchen displays.
The light and bright colors are so much fun to play with.
And love the sweet pastel colors against my new wallpaper.
Even the high chair has some new sparkle.
I love the new look, but still on the search for a new smaller table and chairs.
I added some brighter cottage colors to the homemade wreath.
And a sweet crystal lamp for interest.
I love these little bits of bling.  Just look on EBay under "hanging glass crystals".  They were about $4 for 10 and look for free shipping.  Most came from China and took about 2 weeks to arrive.  I made sure the ones I chose were all glass, not plastic.  I have bought real antique crystals here locally from $1 to $3 each, so this is much cheaper!  I was really pleased with all the ones I chose.
My favorite new DIY project is this simple faux chandelier.
It is a vintage lampshade and some of my new pink crystals.  I even added some to my kitchen curtain too!  I have more to show you... and I am already thinking of how I can use them in my Christmas decor.  Best thing is... they are just hanging and I can move them around and change them whenever I like.  Have fun and add some sparkle at your house too!

xxx.....Brooke

Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

Enter your email address:  

13 comments :

  1. It looks lovely, warm and inviting. I feel like going in to ask you for a cuppa coffee, lol!
    I love the chandy and your white ironstone, specially the chicken, just adorable.
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo, so pretty! Love the look of your kitchen as it is very country, warm and inviting. I did lots of crystals on a chandelier I got at a ReStore (Habitat for Humanity). Got the crystals at the Dollar Store and they are beautiful. Yours are lovely too. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so adorable Brooke! You are cleverness personified! Thanks for sharing at Five Star Frugal. Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, everything is so beautiful! Thanks for the pretty photos and lovely inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like what you did to the birdcage!! I also wanted to say that I'm really glad that you haven't painted the antique pie safe! So many are being painted now. We just inherited a piece from my husbands family. Our cottage is so small that in order to work it in, we made it into our tv cabinet. We were lucky that there was a small opening on the top part of the back that we could snake the cords thru. I really like ti there and it works great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brooke,
    A girl needs a little "bling" every now and then!!!
    . . .and you've put it in all the right places!!!
    I adore your "faux" chandelier, dear friend!!!
    Great buy, indeed on your crystals!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving what you have done with your hanging crystals, so gorgeous! Found you on Mimi's Five Star Frugal, so thanks for sharing there :) Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  8. How perfect those crystals are to add pretty bling! I love how you added them to the doily and the curtains.....so clever. Your faux chandelier is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the idea of hanging crystals to give things bling - love how you did so on the birdcage and the faux chandelier!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks so charming and cozy... love the crystals and so cheap!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!