Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Sewing Burlap and Lace Curtains


 Hi there, welcome back!
I spent a good part of yesterday fiddling in the kitchen.
And after about three months... 
finally fixed my burlap curtains!
 I have a small kitchen window over the sink and a patio door in the kitchen.  I wanted to use my inspiration fabric... a sweet rose print for the new re-do coming soon.

 I hung some vintage looking keys on clips for fun!
 I like to use flat panels on spring rods so you can really see my fabrics.
 Burlap + Lace = Fun!
 Remember my Ebay panels that were two different sizes 
and about 6 inches too short!  They look so much better now.
 I had this lace panel and I cut the top and the bottom off of it for the scalloped edges.
 I had to hem them while hanging... the burlap was that crooked.... but it turned out fine.
 99% of the time they will be open, but I like the option of some privacy.
 Sweet and simple.
I hope to start the wallpaper and paint next week!
The new colors are much softer and lighter.
The pumpkin will be replaced by a very light blue.
I can't wait to share it with you guys!

xxx....Brooke

PS--- I will share my holiday decor tomorrow.. come back then!


Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

11 comments :

  1. Brooke,
    I L O V E those burlap and lace panels at your patio door, dear friend!!!
    Your Country Kitchen is lovely, but I understand the need for change!!!
    Since viewing your entry wallpaper, I'm anxious to see what's in store for the kitchen!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your home and the warmth you bring to it. You have so many surprises in your design. The little key is a pretty touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your home! I am enamored with the burlap and lace! (I'm a big fan of the pumpkin walls, but I know you will make it darling ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke, I love the burlap and lace. So soft and sweet. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. you've given me the gift of inspiration. going to attack my windows with full gusto now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brooke, I love burlap and combined with the sweet print and lace you hit it out of the ball park! The keys clipped on the valance is such a fun idea! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your burlap and lace curtains, Brooke! I will be featuring your post in this week's A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW. Your burlap-inspired valance has already made it to pinterest, and I am thrilled to have come upon it. It is unique, fun, and creative; just what I've been looking for - without knowing exactly what I was seeking. I can't wait to emulate your idea in my bedroom, and possible my sunroom. Thank you a million times for sharing. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The KEYS, the KEYS....yes, I L I K E, I L I K E...very much and did I mention I am not yet "over' Burlap either..loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are super cute!! Nice job! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. stumbled upon your site while surfing Pinterest and I am in love !!!!! Beautiful ... inspiring... so happy I found you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!