Thursday, July 23, 2015

Hot Days of Summer - July Garden Update

 It's HOT in Indiana folks!
 So hot that I have been a neglectful gardener for the past two weeks.
 Luckily before this heatwave I took some pictures to share.
 These are from the 4th of July weekend.

 It seems to me that I cannot keep both the house and garden looking nice at the same time.
 When I am in the decorating mood I forget all about the garden.
 When I am all about gardening... the house is a mess!
 Well maybe not quite, but it feels that way.
 My hubby was off most of July and we were busy with family stuff.
 Plus, it is just too hot.  Period.
 I keep thinking I will get up really early and get busy one day.
Then like this morning I have places to be with the girls.
 So, I am thinking once school starts in two weeks I will set out for a big garden clean up.
 The only real damage was my window boxes.... they are toast.
 But I guess that means I can plant some mums and pansies for fall!
 We have been enjoying the new sand beach this week!
We are all sunburned... but the water feels wonderful.
 I have been enjoying all the comments about the new Cottage Style Kitchen.
And believe it or not... I cleaned out our Master Bedroom closet yesterday!
Whooo-Hoo!!  I am slowly getting ready for a big yard sale.
Another thing I will do once the girls go back to school...
or it cools off.... or both!

Thanks so much for stopping by....Brooke


Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

10 comments :

  1. Oh you have a beautiful house indeed. And your flowers are magnificent. A lot of work in all you have done.

    Picture beautiful for us viewers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your yard is so full and beautiful. I'm sure that you really enjoy it's beauty. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not alone - I am next to you in Columbus, Ohio, and if it isn't raining, it is hot, and if it is neither then I have a committment or five that keep me indoors.

    I hate our weather.

    I love your pretty lake house.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow your garden truly is something to aspire too! Just adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful garden! It is not easy to do something during heat periods. No heat wave here so far this summer. It's rather cold and rainy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden is beautiful. I'm fighting with weeds that want to take over while perennials get themselves established. I'm eager to have my beds look as lovely as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm right there with you on that heat issue! I'm rarely outside these days, which is not like me. Hope you get some cooler weather so you can enjoy your lovely garden. Thank you for stopping by The Maple Hill Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your gardens are beautiful Brooke! Mine are starting to get burnt, from one extreme to another! Thanks for sharing with Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know exactly how you feel. If my home is clean then the weeds are taking over. I'm seriously hoping I can get at least one day in the next week where its nice enough to get outside for a few hours and do some cleaning and sprucing up. I am sorry about your window boxes! With this heat wave it has to be hard to keep up with the watering....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!