Tuesday, July 28, 2015

"Gypsy Soul" Handmade Sign with SPARKLES



 Hi there and welcome back!
Today's a quick fun post on a sign I made yesterday.
Been feeling creating this week.
Plus, it is way too hot to garden!

I have a stash of wood planks in the basement.
I grabbed a long, thin one and dry brushed it with some satin white paint.
Then took a dry cloth and removed paint in places to look more distressed.
 When I was happy with the background I roughly did the placement of the words with bits of tape.
I think the hardest part is getting the size of your letters correct.
This helps me visualize a bit.
 One of the best things I have done is buy good brushes over the years.
I have a half inch stiffer bristled art brush I used on this one.
This was just free hand, I did not use a font or pattern.
 When it was still damp I gave it a good sprinkle of GLITTER.
I love anything that sparkles.
 The colors are perfect with the burlap curtains.
 It is super sparkly in person...much more than you can see in the pics!
I just love a quick project...

Especially when it is a no cost one,,,right?
I want to make more signs for the front porch soon.
And maybe even sell a few.

What do you think... do you love the sparkles too?
I have a feeling once the holidays come closer
there will be a bunch more glitter in this house this year!

xxx....Brooke

Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.



I am linking to the parties found on my main page.

"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

Enter your email address:  

7 comments :

  1. Your sign is so cute and perfect in that spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke, I love your sign. It seem fitting some how. lol Have a lovely day. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, love the sentiment and it just wouldn't be the same without the sparkels...no soul. I think quite a few of us could hang this about. Mickie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! my Mother always called me a Gypsy and even though she did not mean it in a nice way, i took it in the best of ways!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Original and cute!! Well done<;)

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brooke,
    A D O R A B L E!!!
    Quite fitting for your newest decor design!!!
    I know I'm in the minority, but no glitter here, dear friend!!!
    Love that you designed and created this "unique" piece for your lovely home!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!