Friday, July 24, 2015

Cottage Style - Birdcage Candle Display


 Welcome back!!  I am so happy you came for another visit...
Today I am sharing a fun cottage decorating idea...
A birdcage vignette with a candle.
 And of course... another peek at the kitchen!

While hubby was off work we went to Nashville Indiana for a day of shopping.  I love to visit there and get lots of cute ideas.  I guess I was looking for things to incorporate in the new brighter color scheme.
 It seemed every store we entered had a birdcage with a lit candle in it.
 So last week when I found this large tray... I knew I wanted to use it as well.
I dug up some pink roses from the basement stash of goodies...
and this is my sweet little vignette.
 I love having a candle on the island.
I had one of my houseplants there for awhile.
But I was afraid we would dump it moving it around.
 So if needed I can just move the tray to another area.
 Thanks so much for all the nice comments.
Some of my favorites have been about my oak cabinets.
Yes, we know oak is "out" right now.
But I did not want anything dark in our new home.
Our are Amish built and so well made.
Of course, I love the look of painted cabinetry.
But I would be scared to death of it chipping or peeling.
Plus... my hubby would kill me.
So my light and bright will be in my accessories and paint colors.
We also talked about the table last time.
Yes, I could paint it, but it is just too big for the space.
I am looking for a small round table not over 40".
 I have been checking craigslist... and my junk stores.
I will find it... and I love the HUNT!
 Until then I lighten it up with a lace tablecloth.
We do not eat at the table, so it is not a problem keeping it clean.
 I am so thankful for all your comments and pins of the new look.
Hopefully this might give you an idea to try in your home too!

I am already thinking of how to decorate for fall with pastels.
If you would like... follow me on Pinterest and I will share some of my ideas.
Thanks for stopping by today... hope you will come back soon!
~Brooke~

Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.



I am linking to the parties found on my main page.

"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

Enter your email address:  

13 comments :

  1. Love the candle in the birdcage idea.......plus your other vintage decor! Right up my alley!

    Happy pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks beautiful, and I like your style of decorating1 We just moved into a new house with dark wood cabinets, too. I didn't want to spend the money on new ones or paint them(they are Amish made, too!) so I really brightened the color of the walls from the existing dark green to a warm cream color. It has given the wood cabinets new life! I think a candle on the island is a wonderful things to have glowing throughout the day! Wonderful job on your changes. Your blog always warms my heart:)
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have sch a lovely home very well decorated. Love the birdcage idea. Anything the Amish make is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea and lovely home decor. Thanks for a delightful visit via Pink Saturday. I'll have to share this on a Facebook page or two :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just lovely Brooke. We have similar taste, so looking at these pictures is like walking into the home of a dear friend. Beautiful. Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you found inspiration on your trip to Nashville. Just look what came of it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All things come around again---in five years we will be stripping everything we have painted and letting wood grain--shine again, your cabinets are lovely. The soft blue is the perfect background to bring it all together. My favorite spot--the pie safe wall. I love the prints--I have a weakness for the old cottages. Beautiful transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Brooke,
    I always love to see your pretty kitchen. Love the birdcage candle. I have a few birdcages around here in white of course that I might just steal your idea. So sweet and pretty. Have a great week end.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bird cage vignette is darling. Love it all. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your new light and bright look - so fresh and pretty. The birdcage with the candle is lovely. Thank you for sharing at Share It One More Time. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your house looks lovely. The candle in a bird cage idea is great. I have a bird cage...so thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brooke,
    Adorable birdcage candle display, dear friend!!!
    I adore the soft blue paint hue on your backsplash!!!
    The white display above your cabinets is so~o~o tranquil and serene!!!
    A few years ago, I did the "Softer side of Autumn" within my home!!!
    One of my favorites and I had "rave" reviews from my followers!!!
    I'll be watching to see your Cottage Flair for Autumn, dear one!!!
    I LOVE the Oak cabinets!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brooke, I love a birdcage every way possible, so your gorgeous vignette surely caught my eye!
    It looks lovely adorning you fresh and bright kitchen redo. Love it all!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!