Saturday, July 4, 2015

4th of July Here At The Lake~~~~ (Big Post With Lots of Photos)

Happy 4th of July Everyone!
 I am popping in with a ton of photos of our lakehouse and garden today.
It looked so pretty all dolled up... I wanted to make sure you all got a tour.
 We will start in the new screen room.
 This is our first big party with the new addition.
 It was fun and easy adding some holiday touches.
 I had the little flags, love them in the planters.
 I have the extra table ready for food tonight.
 We moved my seating area in to the corner for more room.
 A simple dollar store banner over the patio door.
 Lets go outside... the butterfly hill is in full bloom for the weekend.
 The phlox smells wonderful as you walk down the hill.
 I love the red, white and blue flags... so summery!
 We will be doing smores down at the firepit.
 And hubby has the bad-mitten net up for the girls.
 They each have friends coming over tonight for the fireworks.
 This house will be the kid party and our neighbors is more of the adults.
 It works out good this way...  and the moms can come over here and get away from the bugs.
 My little picket flag... love the country touches.
 Daylilies are still blooming like crazy.
 I need to deadhead, but I am taking it easy this weekend!
 View from the road side... so cute.
 We had the lights on last night and they looked so pretty from across the lake.
 The side yard is looking good this week.
 We have had a ton of rain and the grass has been growing like crazy.
 But my hubby keeps it looking wonderful.
 Just a few buntings on the front of the house.
 Coneflowers and more daylilies are so pretty.
 Farmhouses just look so nice with holiday decorations.
 Looking down toward the arbor.
 A little flag banner... another dollar store goody.
 Daylilies at the driveway island bed.
 I love to see all the color in the garden.
 I will get some close ups this week to share.
 The front walkway...
 And arbor....
 The kids have been tubing and the neighbors have jet skis out.  It just feels like vacation out here.  We will have several friends visiting this weekend and lots of cookouts.
The kids will be here around 6.... so I have to get cooking!
The kitchen smells wonderful....
This apple bake is scrumptious!
So easy... just two packages of cresent rolls...
spread out on a cookie sheet.
Two cans of any pie filling...
Bake at 350 till slightly brown.
Drizzle a half cup of powdered sugar icing on top.
Oh my... it is so good!
 Yesterday I sewed a bit more for the kitchen....
made these lace panels for my glass cabinet doors.
They will looks so cute with the new 
old-fashioned glass knobs I will be adding. 
One last note... remember your puppies don't like all the noise this weekend.
Make sure they are safe and sound and not scarred and get lost.
Scooby will be in the house and Miley will be on my lap I am sure.

Have a safe and Happy 4th everyone....
xxx....Brooke

Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

7 comments :

  1. You have a beautiful home. Wish I lived nearby for the leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke, it looks wonderful, your home and the property. I wish I had seen that recipe sooner. I'm having 20 family guests tomorrow, and I could have made it - looks delish. I'm so tired right now from being in the kitchen the last 2 days I can hardly see straight, so maybe Labor Day. Pinning, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Independence Day weekend, Brooke - wow you have one heckuva lake summer home. Love it - your gardens and decor are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke I always love seeing your beautiful home and property. The garden looks gorgeous. Everything for the 4th looked so festive. Hope you had a great day and evening yesterday for the 4th.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home and yard look amazing! My son and his family came down from Michigan to celebrate the 4th with us. Lots of delicious food, fireworks, and swimming. Thanks for the new recipe! Looks yummy! Have a great time this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, what a gorgeous dog AND a gorgeous home. Thank you for a lovely visit for Pink Saturday.

    Kaye Swain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so wonderful! I can't decide which caught my eye more, your stunning red cushions or that wonderful picket flag. I may need one of those myself! All of the lush green and blooming flowers surrounding your house are a treat to my eyes. Our drought has prevented us from planting this year and our lawn is brown for the first time because of the water rationing. I hope you had a lovely 4th and that Scooby and Miley felt safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!