Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Vintage Style Decor: New Wallpaper In The Entry

So in the middle of doing a New Screen Porch Addition---
I decide it would be fun to redo the front entry.
Yes, I might be a little nuts...
But I found this paper that matches my Table Chandelier perfectly!
And it was ON SALE... majorly on sale... for $11 a roll. 
It was destiny I tell you...
Light and bright... and pretty... and cottage....
Lets take a closer look!


 You might remember last month I found this wonderful birdcage.
I had it in the kitchen for a bit... but it was too large for the space it was in.
My lamp is over 4 ft tall.. and it makes everything look tiny.
So the birdcage is a good balance here.
 I had live plants on this dresser, but decided it was too nice to risk water damage.
The faux blooms look good... even when I forget to water in the summer!
 I am going to tell you a little secret... I 'bout did myself in with this project.
The angles and height was difficult... but the paper had a very weird overlapping match to it.
I would start out good then somewhere it would be off just a bit...
Drove me nuts!
(Hopefully there is enough going on you don't notice my mistakes.)
 I love the color and how it has bits of cream, gold, white, blue and aqua.
 My old antique gold mirror is a keeper... love this style.
 I did the picture garland before Christmas and have never taken it down.
I added a bit of Spring with the blue flower.
 Bits of this and that... burlap and lace... they make me happy.
 I love that the birdhouse is seen so well here.
Up high you missed the wonderful, chippy patina.
I love the new look.
Very vintage, cottage, cute... 
very much how I want this house to look.
I hope you do too!

But like I said, I found mine on the clearance isle!
Thanks for stopping by....Brooke

Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

14 comments :

  1. Beautiful wall paper and a great vignette!! I know I have told you before how much I love that lamp too!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wallpaper Brooke! The pattern and colors are perfect...great job!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wallpaper is exquisite with that lamp. I love that is has a wonderful vintage-y cottage style. It works well with your house and makes me eager to see the kitchen when it is finished. As usual, you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very pretty, Brooke! I love the wallpaper and the soft color you chose.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke, your front entry looks gorgeous! The wallpaper ties it all together. I love your vintage-cottage home. You certainly know how to put things together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So inviting and pulled together! It makes the perfect Welcome statement. I love the bird cage!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wall paper is so pretty! Love the color! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your entryway looks awesome! I've stripped wallpaper off of all my walls, except on border, & have sworn I would never do it again. But yours looks so pretty...it's tempting! I love your little garland with the old photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your paper is very pretty. Not too formal but bright and cheerful. Absolutely love the lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely beautiful! I love how everything comes together so well... it's gorgeous! I love your vintage style. You did a fantastic job. Thank you for sharing at Inspire Me Wednesday. Featuring you in this week's issue.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never seen an entrance as beautiful as your! I adore wallpaper and yours is amazing. I will surely have to pin this one and follow your sweet blog. Thank you for inspiring me. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice wallpaper Brooke! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How pretty your new wallpaper looks with the lamp (my favorite!). Bright and light, great job!
    Happy 4th!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  14. I came over from Shabby Art Boutique. Your wallpaper is gorgeous, and I love your vignette! The lamp is wonderful, and very unique. I like your style.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!