Monday, June 1, 2015

Favorite Flowers - White Hearty Geranium

 Welcome back to my country gardens!
 Today I am sharing an antique variety of white hearty geranium.
 I am in love with this sweet heirloom perennial.
 It is an old plant that you never see in gardens....
But it should be!
It just blooms in the late spring, 
then the rest of the season it will be an ivy like ground cover.
But I love it's lacy five petal blooms.

 I have mostly white flowers in this area.
Sort of a Moon Garden they use to call them.
I love anything that blooms white... don't you.
 We have been much cooler this week.
Barely making it up to 70.
I have been deadheading roses and cutting back irises.
I trimmed on more shrubs this week... that is a never ending job around here.
It needs to warm up so we can get in the lake!
I am so ready for swim season!!

Thanks for stopping by....Brooke



Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

Enter your email address:  

3 comments :

  1. That is a beautiful plant. I've never seen or heard of that type of geranium. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love perennials!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your white geraniums!! My Master Gardener buddy gave me some purple 'wild' geraniums and this is the second year for them. They are looking good but I'd sure like to find some white ones now! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous gardens!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!