Monday, May 4, 2015

Views of the Back Gardens and Lake

It has been awhile since I shared some pictures of our backyard gardens and the lake.
People come to see the borders, but once they are here they realize it is all about our views.
And yes, the gardens are my passion... but this yard is my husband's.
He always keeps it looking like a golf course, and yes.... uses it as one.
So lets take a little walk around and see the new spring growth in the gardens.

Let me start by telling you the projects we are working on.
See the big empty spot where you can see my concrete wing wall?
There use to be five huge rugosa roses there.
We PAINSTAKINGLY dug them out yesterday.
You talk about a job.
They were huge, and mean...and out of control.
Now, they are gone and we are getting ready to plant 
a strawberry and blueberry u-pick garden.
Fun... once it is done!
Irises and peonies are starting to bloom in the rose garden.
Pictures coming soon!
Same on the butterfly hill, but I still have some clean up to do there.
Dead limbs and a few weeds...  
 The evergreens at the firepit are growing so nicely.
And the deciduous shrubs are coming along. 
 It was so pretty to see the snow on these this winter, but I like them better this way.
 The irises are loving the warm sunny days.
I am not a yellow lover, but these are so pretty and frilly.
 The view towards the house.
 Sorry, I do not have a name on this one, it was a gift from a garden friend.
 Aren't the first blooms of the year always the prettiest?
I am so happy to have color again!
If you are new to my garden... this area we call the fire pit and we use it for cookouts and evenings by the fire.  It has a story behind it, and you can see and hear all about it in the video below from 2011.


Wow, it has grown a bunch since then!
I have other videos of my garden on my main site under the 
"Videos" tab at the top of the page.

Happy Spring....Brooke
_________________________________________________________
Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
    
I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

4 comments :

  1. Yes, I'm loving seeing things starting to bloom! That yellow iris is very pretty. I have one, but for some reason it doesn't bloom every year.
    You do have a pretty view! It's good your husband likes to mow:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your irises are gorgeous. I love your view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you truly built live in a paradise right here on earth. I fell in love with this blog head over heels.
    Kind greetings from the black forrest.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!