Sunday, May 31, 2015

Sunday Garden Stroll.... Front Gardens and Porch

What a beautiful weekend it has been...
 We had a few short showers yesterday.
 But it has been sunny with a light breeze.
 Perfect for enjoying some time on the porch!


 The clematis is still blooming so pretty.
 And my hostas are so beautiful this year.
 The white peonies are mostly done blooming.
 With a few Siberian and Japanese irises starting to bloom. 
 Pink spiderwort is so inviting here and there.
 Lots of lush green... full and healthy.
 My sweet Japanese maple after a bit haircut for the summer.
 I keep it trimmed or you could not walk up the path!
 Heucheras and ferns are coming in nicely.
 More lovely hostas and hydrangeas starting to bloom.
 White penstemon adds a sparkle of light.
 Who doesn't love a little red, white and blue in the garden?
 Every day more is blooming, more to share and enjoy.
 I am doing cuttings daily and weeding.
 But luckily we have had good rains this spring.
 I am still putting out a few annuals and doing the window boxes and containers.
 But mostly the garden is just doing it's thing.
 This is such a beautiful time of the year.
 I could never get it all on a photograph.
 I walk around and think... I wish you all could see it in person.
Maybe some day you can!
xxx....Brooke


Brooke Berry Kroeger is the creator of the Creative Country Mom blog started in 2009. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs. She does freelance photography and DIY publication work.  If you would like her to contribute on a project, email her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.

I am linking to the parties found on my main page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

Enter your email address:  

4 comments :

  1. I love the porch swing. AWESOMENESS. Visiting from Crafts a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is so gorgeous! I wish we could all come for a field trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blue bench - your front porch looks so inviting.
    Carole @ Garden Up Green

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi stranger! hope all is well....love your garden this time of year xoox, tracie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!