Thursday, May 14, 2015

Irises Blooming At The Fire Pit Rock Garden

 Welcome back to my Country Garden!
Today we are taking a stroll around our fire pit rock garden.
 The irises are blooming pretty this week.
 I can see them from the house as we look towards the lake.

 We will be using this area for cookouts soon.
 So I try to always have something blooming.
 I have my cuttings here for hubby to burn.
 There are a few chairs, but you could always just sit on a rock!
 There are two entrances and it makes a large circle.
I love how big the evergreens are getting.
 I have river rock as my footing and I love how easy it is to keep up.
 I haven't had much time to garden this week.
 Busy with the girls and hubby is still off work after his knee surgery.
They are saying rain for the next four days.
Thankfully the bad storms have went south of us.
 It was overcast when I took these, but with so much blooming this week I wanted to share before the rain took all the blooms away.

So look for many more garden shares to come!
xxx....Brooke



Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address: Delivered by FeedBurner

3 comments :

  1. Dearest Brooke,
    What a lovely fire pit area you created and such huge rocks! Must have been quite a job for getting them arranged at that spot.
    Looks so lush and green. Enjoy your spring time.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brooke! Oh, how pretty! Your irises are beautiful and the entire area is lovely. I love those huge boulders you have! You must have a very green thumb.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fire pit area. It looks like it's own campground. Wonderful spot! Thanks for linking with Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!