Sunday, May 17, 2015

Decorating with Antiques: Beautiful Heirloom Family Recorder

Hello again, I am sneaking back today with a post on a new vintage find!
Today I scored this big wonderful family record print in an huge ornate frame.
It is bigger than it looks, 31 by 26 inches.
I loved the aged colors and the vintage flowers that match my plates.
But the handwritten family history sold me! 
The dates on the births and marriages start in 1872 and go to 1901.
As always, I wonder how these things end up at a flea market.

 And like most of my finds this one had a story...
I had seen it a few weeks ago in a booth and did not get it.
Today when it was still there I tried to read the green sticker to see the price better.
I though for sure it said $20.
Well, the frame was worth that alone, right?
So I asked the guy to get it down for me.
As he climbed up the ladder I could tell he was mad.
He knew it was worth much more than $20.
He gave a look to his wife and you could tell he was a bit mad.
But he sold it to me for what was on the sticker.
I suppose I should have offered him more, 
but he knows I am a good customer.
 I am still head over heels in love with my wedding dress in the corner.
You can read all about it here.
The room has a real "family history" theme....
Too bad it isn't ours!
 I found some other goodies today as well.
Hopefully I can share them with you later on in the week.

Thanks for visiting....Brooke


Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

Enter your email address:  

4 comments :

  1. What a wonderful family record print, love all the flowers on it. But like you, I always wonder how on earth it is possible that such personal things end up at a flea market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Such a great piece for your lovely home, always a treat seeing it!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Brooke,
    Indeed, one really wonders how that could ever end up being sold... Are there no relatives that would treasure this?
    You did snatch it up for a bargain. Looks great above the old buffet.
    Enjoy your week.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find, Brooke! I often wonder the same thing... why didn't anyone want this? I have found family heirloom Bibles, old family photo albums, etc.... and wonder how it wasn't cherished and passed down through the family. Every family has their story.
    Just wanted to pop on over and let you know I featured it for Let's Talk Vintage! today. :) Thanks so much for linking up! ~Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!